- Company name
- WANT Les Essentiels
- Reporting to
- Sales Manager
- New York, United States
- 22 Jul 2014
- Start date
- 01 Aug 2014
- Executive / Coordinator
- Total years professional experience
- 3 - 5 years
- Type of contract
- Team management experience
- 1 - 3
- Required language skills
- English / Native or bilingual proficiency
Conceived out of a “want” for premium, quality products, designers Dexter and Byron Peart, along with co-founders Mark Wiltzer and Jacqueline Gelber, launched WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie in 2006, offering a collection of leather goods to house the essential professional and personal items required for modern living. Celebrating unity through contrast, their diverse and well-considered collections balance between masculine and feminine, uptown and downtown, classic and modern.
Since its inception, WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie has partnered with prestigious global brands and tastemakers such as J.Crew, the Sartorialist, The Standard, Nick Wooster and Opening Ceremony to launch a serious of exclusive, best-selling collaborations.
Lead by Dexter and Byron’s creativity and vision, WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie offers limitless opportunities for growth and expansion. Encouraging new ideas and finding inspiration in unorthodox places – architecture, technology, and object design – the diverse team at WANT offers a global perspective and challenges the status quo.
With headquarters in Montreal, and offices in New York’s Chelsea Arts Tower, WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie has made an indelible impact on the fashion and lifestyle industries in both cities and globally. Comprised of young, passionate professionals, the collaborative culture is infused with optimism, innovation and freedom to disrupt the fashion industry by pushing boundaries and reimagining design possibilities.
WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie is a part of WANT Holdings Inc., which also encompasses retail concepts WANT Apothecary and WANT Passport, boutique distribution firm WANT Agency, and e-commerce destination WANTESSENTIELS.COM.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage assigned accounts and grow new independent account base
- Achieve sales goals
- Penetrate new markets
- Collect and analyze weekly retail selling
- Develop and maintain business relationships with customers
- Knowledge of market and fashion trends, business environment and competitors in assigned territories
- Coordinate and send advertising samples to accounts as needed
- Act as ambassador for the brand on road travel
- Accurately update monthly forecasts
- Secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment
- Maintain and service all existing accounts including processing and monitoring of on-order from order to shipment
- Heavy communication with account services
- Special projects as needed
- Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
The qualifications required for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interpersonal interactions such as negotiating, selling, making group presentations
- Fine leather goods experience an asset
- Decisions made within company policy restraints
- Comprehensive knowledge and proficiency with all aspects of retail math (i.e. OTB, Gross Margin, markdown projections)
- Ability to perform complex verbal and written communication face-to-face and in group settings
- Job duties are somewhat varied, occasionally requiring conceptualizing, planning, and implementing
- Travel as required
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, related field or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience
Interested in applying for this job?
Job applications are not currently available from mobile devices. You can email a link for this job to yourself as a reminder, or to a friend who may be interested.Email This Job to Yourself or a Friend