LONDON, United Kingdom — Want to learn from the people at the very heart of the global fashion industry? Later this year, BoF will be offering a wider selection of courses, designed to equip users with the skills and advice needed for today’s highly competitive and fast-changing fashion industry. Each course, taught by leading industry figures, will consist of exclusive video content, case studies, live Q&A sessions and online tests — as well as official BoF Education Certification upon completion.
We invite members of the BoF community to discover and register their interest in the six new interactive courses we will be offering:
The Fashion System 101
- Learn about the areas that are vital to keep a fashion business working.
- Understand the roles available in fashion, and the skills necessary for each.
- Discover how the fashion industry is changing as it is disrupted by digital and technological developments.
A Beginner’s Guide to Fashion Communications
- Learn about the differing job functions of those who work in fashion communications, how they work together and how they are changing.
- Understand from industry experts how they create and execute successful communication strategies.
- Discover how digital technology has transformed the communications landscape and learn what it takes to succeed in communications today.
A Beginner’s Guide to Buying and Merchandising
- Learn about the distinctions between buying and merchandising.
- Discover how the roles differ when working within a brand collaborating with in-house teams, or within a store, partnering with suppliers.
- Understand the techniques that our experts have employed to power their career, and what you need to stand out.
Fashion History for Today
- Discover the continuing influence of the key 20th century designers and their iconic designs.
- Appreciate the innovative approaches of each designer, and how these defined the evolution of the modern fashion industry.
- Engage with the social, economic and cultural factors that impacted the development of fashion.
Rethinking Digital Marketing
- Learn what digital marketing encompasses, including the importance of social media to fashion businesses.
- Discover key marketing principles and the customer funnel.
- Learn best-practice strategies of how to attract, convert and retain customers.
- Be able to create, measure and execute your own digital marketing campaigns for fashion, including via social media.
- Understand how to evaluate campaigns through the analysis of KPIs, metrics and data.
- Learn the reality of a role in merchandising and understand its key position within the fashion ecosystem.
- Map the buying cycle and supply chain process.
- Discover all aspects of strategic planning and trading: from production and delivery to in-season sales analysis and actions.
- Understand how the sector is being disrupted by digital commerce, technology and the increasingly important role of CSR.
You can learn more about specific course content and materials here and let us know which courses are most useful to you by registering your interest now.