LONDON, United Kingdom — Today, BoF and Topshop are launching a competition to identify 10 breakthrough talents from around the world to participate and present their ideas at VOICES, BoF’s new annual gathering for big thinkers, taking place from 1-3 December at Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire.
Applicants can hail from anywhere in the world, but must be 30 years of age or under as of 1 December, 2016 and have a demonstrated passion for the future of the global fashion industry.
The application process requires entrants to write 250 words on the biggest opportunity facing the fashion industry right now and how they would seize it. Entrants must also submit a 60-second video "elevator pitch" explaining why they believe they are one of fashion’s Future VOICES.
Successful applicants will not only get the chance to present their ideas to leading figures within the fashion community and beyond, but also report on their experiences at VOICES. The winners will also benefit from a year-long programme including mentorship, access to industry events and the chance to work closely with the teams at Topshop and BoF.
The Future VOICES winners will be announced on 21 November, 2016, and will receive economy class airfare to London from anywhere in the world as well as a ticket and accommodation to attend VOICES, from 1-3 December, 2016.
VIDEO: Imran Amed announces Future VOICES. Scroll down for more details...
Who can apply?
- You must be 30 years old or under, as of 1 December 2016 (minimum age 18)
- We are looking for anyone from around the world with a passion for the future of the global fashion industry.
How do I apply?
To apply, entrants need to complete the online registration form here, where they must submit the following:
- What is the biggest opportunity facing the fashion industry right now and how would you seize it? (250 words)
- Please submit a 60-second video featuring your "elevator pitch" completing the following statement: “I am one of fashion’s Future VOICES because…"
Applications close on Monday 7 November, 2016 (7pm EST/ Midnight GMT)
- The Topshop partnership will enable the 10 Future VOICES winners to attend VOICES, BoF’s annual global gathering for big thinkers, at Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire on 1-3 December, 2016.
- The 10 winners will get the chance to present their ideas on stage at VOICES to top business and creative leaders from fashion and the wider world.
- As one of the Future VOICES, you will gain unprecedented opportunities to interact with leaders within the global fashion community and report on-site alongside the Topshop and BoF teams.
- The Future VOICES winners will further benefit from a year-long programme including mentorship, access to industry events and the chance to work closely with the teams at Topshop and BoF.
The Future VOICES will be selected by a judging panel including:
- Sheena Sauvaire — Global Marketing & Communications Director, Topshop
- Kate Phelan — Creative Director, Topshop and Fashion Director, British Vogue
- Imran Amed — Founder and CEO, The Business of Fashion
To apply for Future VOICES, complete the registration form here.
To learn more about VOICES, BoF's new annual gathering for big thinkers, visit our VOICES website, where you can find all the details on our invitation-only global gathering in December, in partnership with QIC Global Real Estate, hosted at the Soho Farmhouse in Oxfordshire in the picturesque English countryside, one hour from London.