LONDON, United Kingdom — The Business of Fashion is pleased to reveal the latest wave of speakers at VOICES, BoF’s new annual gathering for big thinkers, in partnership with QIC Global Real Estate, taking place this December 1-3 just outside London. At the exclusive invitation only event, pressing and urgent issues facing the fashion industry will be hotly debated, from race, gender and diversity to responsible business, creative burnout, and the very nature of the fashion system itself.
We are delighted to announce that master haute couturier John Galliano will share his take on the creativity crisis facing the modern fashion industry, in a rare live conversation with BoF’s editor-at-large Tim Blanks, while describing his and his team’s creative processes and his vision for Maison Margiela — one of fashion’s most cerebral legacies. A powerful, rich and unique story that will be revealed for the first time on the VOICES stage.
The career of internationally renowned photographer Mario Testino will be celebrated at VOICES, joining BoF’s Imran Amed to discuss the iconic images that built his career, and how he has used this platform to build a museum and philanthropic foundation supporting Peruvian artists and culture, while supermodel Amber Valletta will discuss how the modelling industry can work towards becoming more supportive to young models and Joan Smalls will participate in a conversation on how fashion can become more diverse and inclusive.
These stellar speakers join other VOICES speakers and hosts, including:
- Marco Bizzarri, Chief Executive Officer, Gucci
- Natalie Massenet, Chairman, British Fashion Council
- James Scully, Casting Director
- Avery Baker, Chief Brand and Marketing Officer, Tommy Hilfiger
- Elizabeth Saltzman, Contributing Editor, Vanity Fair
- Caroline Rush, Chief Executive Officer, British Fashion Council
- Pascal Morand, Executive President, Fédération Française de la Couture
- Carlo Capasa, President, Camera Nazionale Della Moda Italiana
- Ivan Bart, President, IMG Models
- Fabio Piras, Course Director MA Fashion, Central Saint Martins
- Linda Loppa, Polimoda Institute
- Simon Collins, House of Collins, Former Dean of the School of Fashion at Parsons The New School For Design
- Frances Corner, Head of College, London College of Fashion
- Steven Kolb, Chief Executive Officer, CFDA
- Li Edelkoort, Trend Forecaster
- June Sarpong, Broadcaster
- Maajid Nawaz, Activist & Think Tank Founder
- Jason Wachob, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Mindbodygreen
- Bob Safian, Editor and Managing Director, Fast Company
- Dr Nigma Talib, Naturopathic Doctor
- Bob Roth, Executive Director, David Lynch Foundation
- Richard Found, Architect and Designer
- Alexander Betts, Leopold Muller Professor in Refugee and Forced Migration Studies, University of Oxford
Additional speakers, event hosts and participants will be announced in the coming weeks.
We can’t wait to share this experience with you. Click here to apply for one of the last remaining spaces at VOICES.