LONDON, United Kingdom — As the fashion industry embarks on a month-long circuit of women's shows amidst growing uncertainty and a dangerous narrative peddling division, BoF invites you, the global fashion community, to join the #TiedTogether movement and make a clear statement in support of solidarity, human unity and inclusiveness.
In fashion, visuals often speak louder than words. So join together this Fashion Month to make a simple and singular visual statement: wear a white bandana as a sign to the world that you believe in the common bonds of humankind — regardless of race, sexuality, gender or religion.
Starting today at the Tommy Hilfiger show in Los Angeles, the white bandana will be adopted by designers and creative directors and integrated into their fashion shows; worn by press, celebrity guests and digital influencers attending the shows; and embraced by fans and followers of fashion around the world, as the next cycle of fashion weeks weaves its way from New York to London to Milan and Paris.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Tie a white bandana around your wrist, neck, head or handbag
- Upload an image of your bandana to social media
- Tag someone to show you are #TiedTogether, as friends, family, neighbours and humans
- Register your support on the #tiedtogether website
- For designers: incorporate white bandanas in your fashion shows or wear a white bandana in your final bow
- For models: wear white bandanas to castings and between shows
- For street style photographers: shoot people wearing white bandanas
- For editors: include images of white bandanas in your round-ups and fashion week coverage
If you'd like to find out more about #tiedtogether and discuss ways of participating in this movement, please visit the #tiedtogether website or email email@example.com.
Imran Amed, Founder and Editor-in-Chief