Product Sub Editor - Farfetch Platform Solutions
The roleReporting into the Farfetch Platform Solutions Product Editor, the purpose of the Sub-Editor is to ensure all Farfetch Platform Solutions product descriptions (technical details and styling tips) are on-brand, accurate and free from all grammatical and spelling mistakes. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between TOV styles fluidly and competently with a keen eye for detail. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the size, fit and fabric compositions are correct for each item.
Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Farfetch Platform Solutions team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will be experienced working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been a sub-editing role within luxury fashion or e-commerce.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure fashion product descriptions are accurate, concise and informative, flagging and addressing issues; this covers styling tips and all technical details
- Responsible for sub-editing all product copy according to house style; working to tight daily deadlines to check accuracy of copy against images, as well grammar, spelling and formatting
- Maintain quality of content on product pages with regular quality checks
- Carry out monthly quality reporting, checking core teamwork and feeding this back to the team
- Own the house style glossaries ensuring they are up to date and that the team is aware of any changes
- Deliver constructive feedback to writer in the team
- Assist the Product Editor with ad hoc projects as required