Head of Digital Product Design Size and Fit
Helping customers navigate the overwhelming complexity of size and fit is the most intimate and impactful fashion problems we face at Zalando. Our bodies are unique and the fashion industry does not currently offer any kind of coherent size and fit standardization that makes it easy to find what fits. Across a single brand we may even encounter inconsistencies! The other side of the challenge is that our bodies are constantly changing and expressing our size and fit requirements is not easy!
This position is within our Digital Experience business unit and reports to the VP of Product Design. You will manage a lean team of 2-3 dedicated Size & Fit UX, UI and/or Service designers plus additional project-based designers resourced from our flexible central staffing pool on an as-needed basis (to support peak loads or provide specialty skills).
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
As the Head of Design for Zalando's Size and Fit Organization, you will join an interdisciplinary leadership team focused on creating a coherent strategy to tackle this complex problem space. The work will include i) well-coordinated size and fit experience across the entire customer journey, ii) the creation of effective, engaging and mutually beneficial customer data acquisition mechanisms designed to reconnect fashion brands and their customers in the name of getting the right fit and iii) services designed to support brands as they move towards a reality that includes customization and a much more customer centric approach to manufacturing.
If all of that isn’t inspiring enough, we know that tackling this problem has a huge potential to drive towards our sustainability goals - both in terms of reducing C02 emissions through return reductions but also through improving the way fashion is made.
Your team will develop algorithmically informed size advice experiences designed to help Zalando customers make sense out of confusing sizing systems, provide recommendations and predictions on customer size and fit choices, and conduct focused experiments to identify new technologies useful in solving the size and fit challenge over the years to come.
As customers navigate the vast Zalando fashion catalog, your team will ensure Zalando stands by their side as a trusted guide and confidant. By showing users what fits in ways that make sense to them, you will solve significant customer pain points. By reducing size-related returns, you will reduce friction in the customer experience, reduce C02 emissions, and directly impact the company’s bottom line.WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience: You are a very seasoned design professional. You have likely led larger teams before, but you are inspired to dive deep again and solve truly meaningful problems that make customers feel like we understand them. To land this job you will show and explain raw artefacts from your work defining product design strategy, executing tactically in a complex environment and leading people to perform at their best.
- Empathy: You have the mindset and methodologies to understand your customers, colleagues and employees.
- Craft: You understand service design, choreograph UX design processes and orchestrate unified experiences across devices and throughout the customer journey — while knowing how to embody specific solutions in usable and delightful interactions.
- Experimentation: You have a generative approach, strive to solve problems in the best way possible through iteration, and are willing to kill your darlings.
- Storytelling: You bring not just users but also stakeholders and employees on a journey of increasing intimacy by explaining a clear customer experience vision and telling compelling tales.
Inspiring peers. You will join a leadership circle boasting over a dozen seasoned design managers across Zalando.
Empowering culture. We value trust and have a bias for action. We are kind to each other. For us respect means challenging each other and giving direct feedback. We share ideas freely. We learn from mistakes. We laugh a lot.
Professional development. We help you to grow through mentoring, personal branding support, networking both inside and outside the company, and rotation through diverse career opportunities within Zalando.
Perks. Competitive salary; great shopping discount on a wide range of products on Zalando; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services; flexible working times; family service and parent & child rooms; and volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.