Valuation Manager, Fine Jewelry & Watches
This position will report to the Regional Lead Valuations Manager. Key areas of responsibility include facilitating client facing appointments, ensuring a luxurious client experience. The Valuation Manager should have an entrepreneurial spirit and be dedicated to growing their respective office.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry and watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends and the sell thru velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing and Authentication team
- Communicate pricing and authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell thru and velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by Director, LCO Experts and Lead Valuations Manager.
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each and every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing and authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool and collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates the skill and willingness to take initiative and to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines as required.
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates and to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.