Vice President, Customer Facing Applications
Zalando Lounge is an online shopping club for fashion and lifestyle products in 13 European countries. We offer our members daily, time-limited sale campaigns (spread out over 2,500 brands) with discounts of up to 75% off the recommended retail price. Customers can enjoy discounts in various categories, such as footwear, clothing, sporting goods, and household items.
However, Zalando Lounge is so much more than discounts. Our strength lies in our focus on fashion: from sought-after labels to niche brands, from famous international names to trendy luxury brands, we make sure to meet the fashion taste of all our customers, who are always on the hunt for the best products at the best prices. Working with our brand partners, we're pioneering innovative supply-chain and production processes and offer them an impactful and smart solution, creating a new way to shop for fashion - and a new way to sell it.
Our customers love the daily excitement of fashion deals offered. They love to check in every morning using their mobile, with a majority of traffic on native apps. The tech teams operate on a tech stack of Swift, React, Go, and Java. Lounge is in a unique situation to draw on the resources (platform, APIs, finances) of the larger Zalando group while being part of a separate business unit with dedicated resources.
We're looking for a Vice President of CFA (Customer Facing Applications), responsible for product and technology leadership for everything the customer sees on the Zalando Lounge website and app. Reporting in to the Senior Vice President for Zalando's Offprice business unit, this is a growth centered role, focused on exponentially increasing the size of the Lounge business.THE TEAM & YOUR SCOPE
- 60 FTE in CFA team; teams split into Platform & API engineering, Native mobile engineering, Web engineering, Product Design, Product Management and Product Analytics
- 7 direct reports
- Developing and implementing a multi-year product vision for the Lounge CFA that drives the success of Lounge and plays an integral part in contributing to the overall Zalando Group Strategy 2023
- Drive the Zalando Lounge overall strategy from the CFA angle, providing strong leadership that translates into commercial targets & positively impacts the business
- Establish a successful development culture that leverages a structured approach (e.g. 4D, double diamond) to enable cross-functional teams to collaborate successfully
- Lead, develop and grow a talented, world-class Technology team; target to increase headcount by +40% by the end of 2020
- Strong leadership qualities, particularly centered around leading leaders and inspiring your team to follow your vision
- A proven track record in Product Management and Strategy, ideally in an eCommerce environment
- Track record of successful delivery of technical projects in a consumer-facing domain
- A strong customer-first mindset combined with a great ability to understand customer needs and turn them into actionable strategies
- Analytical Thinking - experience with testing driven/evidence based team - being able to explain the why in terms of vision.
- Familiarity with interpreting P&L statements and balance sheets; ability to engage in commercial discussions on a management level
- Culture of trust, empowerment and feedback; one of the largest tech communities in Europe (e.g. 100+ internal guilds; tech talks; product demos; coder dojos) and our commitment to help you grow into an outstanding senior tech leader
- Very competitive salary (base and equity) and many perks, such as great shopping discount on a wide range of products on zalando.com; discounts from external partners; public transport discounts; relocation assistance for internationals; municipality services*; family service and parent & child rooms*; additional holidays & volunteering time off; diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive on-boarding; personal branding support focused on leadership; opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
- International, accomplished experts and great self-organized teams.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.