Director, Site Merchandising
The Director of Site Merchandising will lead a team focused on delivering and executing actionable insights, analyses and recommendations that inform day to day business and long term strategy & vision. This position will oversee, drive and improve strategy & process related to content integration, site merchandising, and onsite personalization. This is an opportunity to participate and develop an area of growth for the business. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies. Strong communication and analytical skills as well as relationship building are key for success in this role. This role reports to the Senior Director, Merchandise Planning, Pricing & Strategy.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Identify, recommend and implement strategies that improve visitor engagement and conversion across all platforms via data analysis
- Advance & develop best in class onsite personalization capabilities
- Guide the development and maintenance of The RealReal users to be able to effortlessly navigate, search and use website features and functionality to create a best in-class user experience
- Recommend A/B Tests to drive innovation and be ahead of the curve
- Lead site operations and merchandising strategy and conceptualize new site features that improve the site experience and performance
- Partner with creative & marketing to ensure the site communicates key messages, aligns with campaign creative, and highlights seasonally relevant merchandise
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation, search, customer experience, and driving roadmap priorities to incorporate into the business
- Manage, mentor and develop team for future growth within the department and organization
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- 7+ years of proven success in site merchandising and ecommerce
- 4 years of demonstrated experience managing a team
- Strong Analytical Skills & Data Oriented
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines is required.
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Lead a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.