Group Manager, Vendor
The Group Manager will manage a growing team of sales managers and is responsible for driving sales and product acquisition by managing the company’s new and existing client base. Must possess the ability to analyze reports, uncover areas of improvement, develop innovative solutions, and implement the strategies to ensure the team is performing at a high level. The position can be based in either San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA. This role covers the Vendor team and reports to the Business Development Director.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Responsible for increasing team performance, the consigned value brought in, and driving strategy.
- Drive internal process improvement. Liaise with authentication, operations and merchandising to provide training when needed. Partner with merchandising and marketing to align with goals and communication
- Partner with the director to analyze the existing client base and define appropriate opportunities to develop existing clients. Ensure consignors are comfortable with their new sales managers, manage re-assignments and placements
- Train current team members on new processes and systems and to ensure adoption. Train and guide new hires during onboarding
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of sales management experience with luxury brand or retailer
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly to the team and clients
- Experienced in working at both strategic and tactical levels. Possess the ability to pull/analyze reports, identify areas of improvement, develop strategies, and implement.
- Strong customer service skills; possess the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; establishes customer service standards; provides training in customer service delivery; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs
- Seasoned in performance coaching; setting goals and objectives; gives performance feedback; motivates for increased results; recognizes contributions; encourages training and development
- Strong Business acumen with the ability to display orientation to profitability, demonstrates knowledge of market and competition, and aligns work with strategic goals
- 4+ years in consultative selling experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- 4 year degree preferred
- Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.