Head of Production Strategy
The Head of Production Strategy is a key position within The RealReal’s Supply Chain organization; operational organization that focuses on innovative ways to improve operations, while finding efficiencies in cost, time and resources. This leader will be tasked with evolving the end-to-end inbound production process. S/he will align the highest-level TRR company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, helping to evolve early stage ideas into scalable initiatives. Production Strategy sits at the intersection of Operations, Product Management, and Strategy. In this role, you will need to be a forward-thinking leader, who will grow and lead a strategic problem solving team, bringing analytics, frameworks, and best practices while partnering with Inbound production leaders and other cross functional partners to innovate the way consignment products are received, authenticated, and photographed prior to being published on TRR’s site
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Develop long range strategy for the inbound production function, including process improvements, technology requirements (e.g. automation), labor structures, and associated unit economics.
- Establish best in class photography capabilities with state-of-the-art technology and training, as well as collaborate with external photo retouching partners on long term strategy.
- Grow and scale the team to support the company’s growth targets.
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and committed to the continuous improvement and scaling of e-commerce operations.
- Develop the right KPIs to gain insight into performance and then use those KPIs to identify key areas for future initiatives.
- Use data to make decisions and form business cases, centered around a strong understanding of unit economics, tying back to the balance sheet and overall P&L.
What You Bring To The Role
- 7+ years in strategic operational roles (including merchandising, process improvement production/quality control, etc.)
- Strong people manager with an ability to hire, coach and develop a team of all-stars.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Proven ability to maximize the use of technology to automate business processes to make organization more streamlined and efficient.
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on being clear, simple, and direct.
- Excellent business acumen and judgment, with strong fact-based decision-making and problem-solving capabilities, and a practical ability to draw the right conclusion.
- Creative thinker who can question the status quo and has demonstrated success delivering business value through applying innovative and analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Willingness to continuously improve, develop, and understand industry best practices and a desire to stay ahead of the curve and at the forefront of innovation.
- Is viewed as a highly credible thought partner by corporate executive leadership teams and has a track record of driving value.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.