Allocator - Talent Pool
The allocator plays a key role in the success of their product division, utilizing dedicated IT applications to create and manage all initial and replenishment allocations of stock to stores, and providing key reporting and analysis to support planning and buying processes. The allocator role suits an aspiring merchandiser with a passion for the product, a strong aptitude for maths and an appetite for technical knowledge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensure the financial success of a product group by allocating stock to stores to meet or exceed sales, gross profit, and inventory turn goals.
* Produce, analyse, summarize and communicate size selling performance in order to maximize sell through with Assistant Planner (AP)
* Track and monitor Distribution Center (DC) available inventory for the product group, maximizing sales to stock ratios and turn.
* Execute the release of initial product distributions and in season replenishment to stores with Assistant Planner (AP)
* Monitor and ensure full size availability of core and seasonal products in stores
* Work with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store openings.
* Develop knowledge of geographic and store attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field feedback, with AP Communications/Relationships
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships within cross-functional team (buying, planning, marketing, visual, etc.). In particular this will be the distribution analyst, planner, buyer and assistant buyer in the team responsible for the product group.
* Communicate initial release and replenishment strategies within cross functional team.
* Participate in cross functional meetings, contributing input on distribution strategies.
* Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
* Manage communication regarding inventory/replenishment with field contacts on a store by store basis if required.
* Manage communication regarding DC inventory and flow with DC partners.
* Participate in Company initiatives as appropriate.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Able to organize and prioritize; demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of sales/stock ratios, ability to provide strategies to achieve store and product turns.
* Able to understand distribution strategies and how to execute them.
* Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates.
* Able to build and maintain productive relationships within team environment.
* Possesses a thorough working knowledge of distribution systems and spreadsheets.
* Advanced PC and associated application skills. MS Word and Excel a requirement.