Country Manager – Korea & Japan
At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to delivering the best experience for our loyal community of buyers and sellers. We are growing our team and our business into a global brand and the leaders in circularity in fashion. We want everyone we work with to be change-makers, to think differently, and to innovate without compromise.
About the role:
Vestiaire Collective is looking for a talented Country Manager to launch the Korean market and drive its expansion from Hong Kong. Japan market might be also included depending on the candidate profile.
You should be a self-starter, detail-oriented and customer-focused, with a successful experience in e-commerce and consulting firms.
What you will do:
- Leads the definition of the market entry strategy in Korea (& Japan)
- Leads the partnership with Naver and optimize VC store on Naver Shopping platform
- Project manages the Korean launch with internal stakeholders (tech, product, finance etc)
- Owns the P&L for Korea and is responsible for the country’s performance
- Writes down and executes the strategy plan to grow the business and outperform targets set for the country
- Measures and analyses performance through a set of KPIs
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing team to develop local marketing strategies, partnerships as well as events to grow the business
- Leverage existing contacts, relationships, and network to drive business and generate sales, while maintaining strong relationships with our current seller base
- Depending on the traction of the market, hires and manages a local team
- Academic degree preferably in business school or finance
- 5 to 10 years work experience, ideally accumulated in the E Commerce industry and Consulting firm
- Experience in Top Tier Strategy consulting firm and in Fashion is a strong advantage
- Highly prefer candidates who have studied/worked outside of Korea at some point
- Have both an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong commercial awareness
- Strong integrity to lead with example in being someone who embodies Vestiaire Collective core values.
- Proven experience of being able to build productive relationships across functions/departments and manage effective communication across multiple work streams
- Determined, resilient and able to stay positive under pressure
- Analytical: ability to build comprehensive analysis and startegy
- Fluent in English and Korean is mandatory.
- Japanese is a plus.
Excited? We are too!
Please apply below and our recruitment team will review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first phone call.
About Vestiaire Collective:
It all comes down to one important question:
Why should so many great fashion items remain unworn in people’s wardrobes?
Vestiaire Collective is a global platform that connects millions of buyers and sellers of desirable pre-loved fashion. We are global: our headquarters are in Paris and we have satellite offices in New York City, London, Milan, Berlin and Hong Kong.