Senior Community & Social Media Manager
Company Summary :
With an illustrious history spanning more than six decades, La Perla was founded with innovation in mind and passion at its heart. We are now embarking on a new chapter, combining the values of our heritage with a modern, global vision. With a top-class C-Suite driving strategy, we are intent on taking La Perla to the next level. We have ambitious international aspirations as part of an energising transformation agenda and engaging the best talent will be the key to our success.
This is a rare opportunity to establish the foundations and principles for the Community and Social Media strategy as La Perla embarks on a new and exciting journey. We are seeking a strategically minded Community and Social Media advocate for a newly created role as we kick start an ambitious brand transformation.
The brand has an authentic and unique story to tell, and is seeking a visionary, industry leading expert to help deliver this new chapter digitally. .A candidate who is passionate about crafting compelling storytelling across different social platforms and media in a way that resonates and engages with our consumer.
By combining big-picture thinking and analytic vigour, with exceptional taste, you will build a small but vital team to champion and showcase meaningful stories, digital experiences and memorable conversations with our audience. You will work closely with colleagues in the wider Marketing function to champion and develop the global brand storytelling strategy. You will also build brand fame and relevance while aligning with commercial and product teams to champion and scale the business
- Global platform expertise, strong strategic and technical understanding of existing and emerging global social platforms across all markets
- You will provide strategic direction on all things social for the business, and share best in class approaches in this pivotal marketing function, bringing to life our rich story across the social platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, WeChat, Weibo, TikTok
- Track experience in building and leading top performing social media brands and teams, and thrive in establishing new thinking and approaches to deliver business growth and brand equity.
- Lead global publishing by leading multiple publishing teams within a global structure
- Strategy support: work with marketing and communications teams to advance and refine integrated digital strategies, as well as social strategies for specific campaigns, launches and projects across key brand and product marketing campaigns
- Project execution & optimisation, drive implementation, localisation and optimisation of campaigns and seasonal projects
- Global brand representation: exemplify brand values and messages across all relationship and social activations by demonstrating a considered and sophisticated understanding of the brand and contemporary fashion retail markets
- Working closely with other teams to encourage the use of social media to optimize and improve their current activity.
- Responsible for concept and drive shared brand, product and social specific campaigns, while prioritising interesting and innovative executions.
The Ideal Candidate :
- Creative thinker who can brainstorm and articulate innovative concepts, content, and strategies suitable for a luxury brand
- A strategic thinker who can work with leaders to develop best-in-class ideas, while easily pivoting to oversee detail-oriented tactical execution and realisation.
- Successful candidates will have a can-do approach, agility to move quickly, a desire to create with collaboration at its heart; and a network of creative industry partners to aid the delivery of memorable work.
- Extensive knowledge of global social media channels, management platforms and analytics tools, whilst keeping abreast of developments in tech and culture are fundamental for consideration
- A proven track record of supporting or leading delivery in this capacity, and producing measurable ROI beyond impressions
- This role requires an ability to work seamlessly across multiple levels, demonstrating flexibility in working simultaneously across global and local projects that span various cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong understanding of local social and marketing landscapes as well as a good understanding of the wider operations of a retail business.
- Deep understanding of social analytics with an emphasis on social sentiment and content performance
Measurements of Success :
- Development of new, innovative social media campaigns and initiatives in support of key brand moments, events and milestones.
- Optimise and refine current publishing practices and improved efficiencies in ways of working.
- Facilitation of cross-department and cross-regional conversation and work streams to deliver key brand and product marketing initiatives
- Positive feedback and advancement of key relationships with corporate and regional colleagues
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of social media management experience
- Some experience with a major fashion brand (agency experience acceptable)
- Experience managing social communities and influencer programs
- Experience of implementing bespoke platforms strategies by leading multiple publishing teams within a global structure
- Live event experience interacting with models and celebrities
- Basic creative and copywriting skills
- Exhibits an innate passion for fashion, pop culture, new technology and entertainment industry
- Organised, detail oriented, deadline driven with an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment
- Experience of working with in-house with creative delivery team and/or collaborating with external partners on innovative projects
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Must have active accounts across key social media networks
- Ability to travel as required