Sr. Supply Chain Manager
The Amazon Softlines team is seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are heads-down focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands and providing easy access to the best possible shopping experience for our customers. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity with Amazon Softlines may be a great match!
The Supply Chain Management team is looking for an experienced Senior Supply Chain Manager that will demonstrate ownership of inventory strategies and supply chain efficiencies to maximize sales, margin and turns and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand. He or she will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of inventory planning and operational costs. The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starting and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must have proven successes in cost out operational initiatives and demonstrate passion for the customer experience. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
Key areas of focus include driving improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency, improving purchasing automation, and reducing input costs. The Sr. Supply Chain Manager will also be responsible for improvements to inventory management processes over time, including identifying defects, reducing waste, and improving supply chain effectiveness.
Strong candidates will have hands-on operations or inventory management experience and knowledge in fundamental business principles. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to succeed in managing a large catalog selection efficiently, identifying problems/finding solutions, and building/improving processes. The ideal candidate is able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in an ambiguous environment while maintaining a customer-centric philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
- Highly analytical, capable of turning raw data into information and insights
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
- Exceptional attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel process
- MBA with a quantitative focus, or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- Experience with improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.