Art Director, Apparel- Men's/Kids
Amazon Fashion is looking for an exceptional Art Director- Men’s/Kids, Textile Print Pattern to join their Private Brands team. In this role, you bring the ability to blend high aesthetic with Customer-centric design. You will create original print and color concepts across multi-categories, reflecting individual brand design philosophies, while appropriately meeting merchandising needs. This role will work closely with individual Design leaders presenting inspired seasonal print concept recommendations that ensure brand continuity, capture market trends, and align to Brand Management briefs. You have an industry proven track record, and are comfortable executing the development process from end-to-end – all while managing cost/value requirements.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. We work every day to surprise and delight our customers through smart and purposeful design. Your work should not only reflect that ideal but raise the bar to create a world-class experience. Your work will be seen by millions of people each day across a variety of customer touchpoints. The ideal candidate must have experience in textile graphic design working in a creative iterative process. In addition to a refined set of design skills, a qualified candidate will have a clear understanding of the print to fabric design process, and acute attention to detail. They must have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to gracefully present and defend their design decisions, while easily working with others.
· Execute high-quality, cohesive print design deliverables that are customer-focused, thoughtful, and brand appropriate
· Partner closely with design and brand leads to identify artwork needs each season by brand and plan for execution.
· Clearly communicate your design methodology, grounded in consumer research innovating for the customer needs
· Work to resolve potential manufacturing and costing issues prior to development of print concepts to ensure quality
execution in bulk
· Accountable for process improvement, growing business, and seeking opportunities to positively affect the Design
organization and company
· Deliver relevant information with confidence and builds a strong network of relationships working between cross-
· Collaborate with the Amazon design community at large to share insights and best practices.
· Bachelor's Degree in Design, Textile Design, or Fine Arts 5+ years in Textile CAD Design
· High proficiency in the latest releases of Illustrator and Photoshop, NedGraphics or equivalent proprietary textile design software.
· Experience coordinating with external contractors and print studios
· Compelling, intuitive, sense of style and color
· Progressive portfolio embodying your creative process
· Strong presentation skills with the ability to story-tell through your design
· Experience working collaboratively with a team and senior leadership
· Experience collaborating on a creative apparel strategy
· Organize and prioritize multiple projects having a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
· Demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills, detail oriented, with strong follow through
· Strong understanding of repeat patterns, screen printing and impact on raw materials
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.