Business Intelligence Engineer
The Amazon Fashion Private Brand team is looking to innovate across our supply chain as we bring apparel, footwear and accessories to market that our customers love and trust. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical and highly motivated business intelligence analyst with a passion to dive into disparate, large-scale data sets and models, to surface insights that will drive the direction and profitability of our business, as well as create infrastructure solutions for our teams. You will be working with instock, product management, sourcing, central operations, design, brand, marketing, traffic and finance teams to develop solutions that drive the business forward. We are one of the priority growth areas of Amazon and offer a unique space that combines analytical and creative talent to transform how fashion is brought to customers. Come join us and create something amazing!
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity and superior verbal/written communications skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that is comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Experience in Amazon systems and processes will be a key enabler of your success.
We are looking for someone with a track record of data driven root cause analysis (Deep Dive), an ability to innovate (Invent and Simplify), can operate comfortably in a fast paced environment (Bias for Action), and has an ability to work with ambiguity across disparate business and technical teams (Earns Trust).
· Develop business processes and serve as subject-matter expert for process improvements as they are built to scale by partner development teams
· Dive deep with the Operations teams to leverage data to develop systems business use cases and feature sets that will enable them to go 'hands of the wheel'
· Work closely with multiple stakeholders to understand and consolidate disparate issues, complete root cause analysis, and develop standardized solutions that drive informed decision making.
· Develop new tools/solutions and enhancements to existing tools in support of merchandise planning analytics and overall inventory management
· Trust but verify by building audit tools that will expose and measure outliers and risks within the planning outputs of our automated systems
· Challenge central teams that own key inputs, such as forecasting and buying, to improve accuracy and drive downstream efficiency
· Work with operations to develop strategies that improve customer experience and store operational efficiency
· Automate reporting and analysis tools wherever possible.
· Analyze key metrics across all stages of the supply chain to identify opportunities to grow profitability.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, outstanding business acumen, intense curiosity and superior verbal/written communications skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that is comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
We are looking for someone with a track record of data driven root cause analysis, an ability to innovate, can operate comfortably in a fast paced environment, and has an ability to work with ambiguity across disparate business and technical teams.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Economics.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business intelligence, or other big data environments.
· Strong proficiency at querying relational databases, eg. Oracle SQL Developer, ETL, Redshift, Vertica, MS SQL.
· Proficient in multiple flavors of SQL, (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift)
· Experience in data visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight)
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (VBA) and analytical platforms.
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (millions of rows) of data.
· Ability to work effectively with Data Engineers to mine the correct data sources efficiently and accurately
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Genuine curiosity, proven problem solving ability, and passion for data.
· Experience in predictive modeling and analysis in big data environments.
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience with machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
· Experience in one of the modern visualization/reporting tools such as Tableau, QuickSight, etc.
· Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.