Sr. Product Manager, Jewelry
In the retail market segment, companies have invested in developing Private Label brands to enhance margin and meet customer needs. Many companies have upwards of 20% of their sales from their Private Label brands. Amazon Fashion is searching for a passionate project manager to grow its burgeoning Softlines Private Brands into a worldwide billion dollar business within the Clothing, Accessories and Footwear market.
The Senior PM will be responsible for the development and implementation of the growth strategy across new and existing classifications within Softlines Private Brands. The ideal candidate will provide strategic vision and develop short and long term initiatives to deliver explosive, profitable and sustainable growth, influencing and driving change across many key stakeholders, improving processes to scale. He or she will relish the opportunity to improve the customer experience and build a business, driving strategic vision and operational excellence. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with Amazon's retail playbook, as well as a passion for innovation and being a builder.
Responsibilities include driving topline and margin growth, along with the day to day management of buying and merchandising. The successful candidate will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. This individual will be nimble, innovative and driven to achieve in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
· Develop product assortment strategies that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
· Negotiate from a position of strength, using data to drive negotiation targets, and think holistically about cost inputs, including product costs, accruals for damage and freight, volume discounts, etc
· Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach the company’s financial goals
· Driving efficiency and focus, identifying gaps and opportunities across all parts of the business from process to product
· Create business plans and Go To Market strategies for new opportunities, brands or classifications
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key supplier and supply chain partners.
· Developing and nurturing strong relationships internally and externally across entire product engine: Design, Tech, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Planning & Marketing
Strong reputation for building and leading teams
Experience working in a large company
Strong analytical / financial understanding
Strong ability to influence across multiple key stakeholders
Experience working in brand management at a large company and
experience in product development at either a small company or large
Proven results of developing new products in the Softlines space
Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
Demonstrated strategic planning as well as tactical execution with good
attention to detail
Strong communication – verbal, written, and presentation skill
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.