Merchant/Product Developer, Private Label Apparel
Amazon is looking for a passionate product manager/merchant. You have a proven ability to create credible fashion assortments and a strong, market-right POV that enables you to lead the product and merchandising strategy for one or more brands within Softlines Private Label.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, communicating and driving the brand and seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial across multiple product categories.
What makes this job awesome: You'll be responsible for helping develop and launch some fundamentally new businesses for Amazon. You'll flourish in the scrappy start-up environment, able to learn about every facet of the business while successfully delivering on your own individual results. You will work closely with suppliers to deliver product that wows customers.
What you will do day to day:
· Build recommended product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
· Establish long-term strategies and annual/seasonal financial plans globally and identify growth opportunities.
· Determine the season's product direction, fabrications and key items
· Work with key partners in design, sourcing, quality, instock and marketing to outline key concepts and promotional strategies
· Execute a seasonal calendar, including participating in all product milestones
· Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach company’s financial goals
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key supplier and supply chain partners.
· Collaborate with departments across organization to improve tools and productivity
Ideally, the successful candidate will leverage experience and established relationships in the fashion space to build strong product assortments. Responsibilities include driving units, revenue, and margin growth along with the day to day management of supplier management and merchandising. The successful candidate will be a collaborative team player, and take risks and innovate while driving accountability. He/she will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
Bachelor’s degree required · 3+ years relevant experience in retail and/or e-‐commerce leadership, specifically buying and merchandising. · Must be able to demonstrate ability to successfully build the right product assortments. · Strong product sensibility and ability to identify and capitalize on current trends · Proven negotiation skills and experience with vendor management · Strong numeric and analytic aptitude · Excellent written and verbal communication skills · Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills · Strong technical aptitude with web-based tools and intermediate to advanced proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite · BA/BS required
Work experience in national branded or vertical fashion retailer.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.