Product Development Manager, Softlines Private Brands
In the retail market segment, companies have invested in developing Private Label brands to enhance margin and meet customer needs. Many companies have upwards of 20% of their sales from their Private Label brands. Amazon is searching for a leader to grow its burgeoning Softlines Private Brands into a worldwide billion dollar business within the Clothing, Accessories and Footwear market.
Do you want to create new brands from scratch? Do you want to invent and Think Big to take an idea from concept to reality for Amazon customers? Come join the Amazon Private Brands team, where you will be part of a team that is creating private brands exclusive to Amazon, and where we are building long-term customer preference and loyalty.
· Build product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
· Negotiate from a position of strength, using data to drive negotiation targets, and think holistically about cost inputs, including product costs, accruals for damage and freight, volume discounts, etc
· Manage product development and production calendars
· Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach the company’s financial goals
· Drive process improvement for supply chain and supplier efficiency
· Develop and strengthen relationships with key suppliers and supply chain players
· Collaborate with departments across the organization to improve tools and productivity
· Bachelor's Degree
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance in the fashion industry
· Demonstrated ability to successfully build supplier relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
· Strong product and raw material knowledge base
· Proven negotiation skills and experience with vendor management
· Strong numeric and analytic aptitude
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.