Senior Apparel Pattern-Maker
FIGS is seeking a Senior Apparel Pattern-Maker. The Senior Apparel Pattern-Maker is responsible for bringing fashion, apparel designs to life in a tangible manner by working closely with the Design and Technical Design teams while creating and maintaining the fit, form, function, and specifications of the garments. Their main responsibility is to create 1st patterns by hand that reflect standard fit and specs while executing the designer's vision and ensuring said patterns are ready to be adapted for bulk production.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute 1st patterns by hand from CADS, block and garment specs
- Attend fittings with Design, take correction notes and execute corrections. Ensure alterations/corrections are made in a timely manner and all patterns are updated
- Work alongside Technical Design to ensure factory submit samples/patterns match specifications. This includes examining the factory patterns to ensure accuracy, fit, balance, and construction details as well as making sure the factory pattern-maker understands specialized design and construction details
- Oversee the in-house sample development process from pattern conception to approval by creating workflow tracking WIP spreadsheets in Excel, working closely with Technical Design Manager to ensure calendar deadlines are met
- 8-10 years of experience in wovens contemporary
- Knowledge of cut & sew and stretch fabrics
- Gerber experience
- Requires strong organization and follow up skills
- Autonomous, takes initiative, is accountable
- Detail oriented with great time management skills
- Fast paced multi-tasking environment-positive attitude required
A little bit about us:
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor-quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded e-commerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, stain and liquid repellent, moisture-wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated scrubs to healthcare providers in need in over 35 countries.