IT and Systems Assistant
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We believe in working proactively and being solution focussed.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty and respect while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To provide an efficient and proactive administrative and technical support for all Manolo Blahnik application systems, working closely with third-party supplies and actively participating in the implementation of new systems.
- Carry out daily checks of all system interfaces and troubleshoot errors a/o rejects.
- Be the first point of contact for all application system for all users.
- Provide the retail stores and warehouses support including POS Application and hardware.
- Liaise with our third-party suppliers for system issues resolution.
- Maintenance and housekeeping of all applications.
- Provide training and support to all users across the business on our internal systems.
- Participate in the analysis, design, test and implementation of any new business applications and explore new possibilities.
- Support the IT needs of our retail outlets.
- Assist in supporting and maintaining IT infrastructure to ensure the day-to-day smooth running of the business with minimal downtime of all services for both local and remote colleagues.
- Provide effective first line support including printer issues, Mac and Windows system issues, mobile devices and Wi-Fi problems across all areas of the business.
- Support current and new IT projects
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of operating systems, local domains, appropriate software and cabling where necessary.
- Assist with new user desk setups, desk moves and associated cabling.
- Assist in managing the company's asset database and ensure proper asset management and equipment tracking.
- Create and maintain IT documentation where required by the company.
- Escalate and reporting issues to the Junior Systems Manager as necessary.
- Some travel may be required
- Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of basic programming languages (SQL, XML)
- High attention to detail, organisation skills and workload prioritisation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Working knowledge of a range of general diagnostic utilities.
- Robust troubleshooting and strong analytical skills.
- Communication: Strong and effective presentation skills and ability to converse with a diverse range of people at all levels.
- Demonstrate evidence of excellent customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a strong, solution-based mindset. Ability to prioritise tasks and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of network connectivity, protocols, network security devices, network types, including wireless, and common operating systems — Windows and Mac.
- Confidence working with MAC OSX and pc.
- Active Directory 2008 or 2012 server, Window 7, 8 & 10, OSX, IOS.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- Level of Industry qualification e.g.- MCP, MCSE or A+, Network +
- Previous database administration would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Centric 8, Cegid (Y2), Jira would be beneficial
- Computer science related degree in business systems or information systems
- Previous experience in a similar role within a fashion/retail business
- Italian language skills, both verbal and written would be beneficial