Surface Textile Designer - Shoes & Bags
Term: Permanent, full time
Location: White City, London
Ralph & Russo is an international luxury fashion brand revered for producing designs that are contemporary, timelessly elegant and sought after worldwide. Having initially entered the luxury market with couture, the duo has taken their dedication to design and innovation forward to curate a global luxury brand encompassing leather goods, shoes and more notably of late, the launch of ready-to-wear.
We are looking for a Surface Textile Designer to ensure that each accessories collection has an extensive array of embroidery swatches and surface designs for production. Ensuring the highest level of techniques are used and new ideas are encouraged within the team. Working closely alongside the Senior Embroidery Designer to ensure the swatches designed are relevant and appropriate for the collection.
- Create and develop original artwork for printed textile and surface pattern for accessories
- Develop Embroidery embellishment
- Fabrics and surface manipulation
- Textile & Print development
- Follow development alongside the Embroidery Development Manager from initial swatch, artwork and initial work in progress images to ensure desired aesthetic is achieved
- Maintain archive of embroidery swatches and materials and document all swatches/artworks on Dropbox
- Must have extensive knowledge of Embroidery techniques and have previous experience working in a luxury fashion environment within an embroidery function.
- Experience of liaising with international suppliers is advantageous.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask across different projects.
At Ralph & Russo, we like to deliver results with pace and quality. If you are resilient, work well under pressure and want to work for a growing and inspirational brand, we would love to hear from you.