Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have over 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
We are looking for an experienced change-maker to own and develop a broad D&I remit, shaping Depop’s approach to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity both internally and externally as we grow our creative, Gen Z global community. Experienced in working across community lines to build trust, consensus and support difficult but meaningful conversations, this critical role will initially report into the People function, whilst working closely with all internal stakeholders, including the CEO and the Exec team, to drive meaningful and systemic change through our organisation and practices as we scale.
We are open to full-time and part-time employment with this position.
- Upgrading Depop’s D&I work to date, building a comprehensive strategy to improve inclusion, equity, representation and the successful building of a diverse team.
- Key advisor and partner to the leadership team and functions on all matters linked to diversity, inclusion, equity and ethics, providing pragmatic and expert advice.
- Work closely with internal groups and external partners to help us put equity and inclusion at the core of internal processes including hiring, reward and progression.
- Support internal education, inspiration and action on D&I and social justice, including spearheading specific mentoring / development for marginalised groups.
- Working closely with community, marketing & CX teams, helping on a range of initiatives and projects with our Sellers team to support on external D&I projects.
- Develop strong relationships with Depop’s BAME and LGBTQIA+ employees, and US teams and International teams, becoming a trusted go-to person on all D&I matters.
- Staying continuously up to date on the latest research and current affairs to inform our evolving approach and ensure we’re leading on best practice.
- Track and report on relevant metrics both internally and externally to ensure we’re making clear progress, implementing solutions when the needle isn’t moving.
- Become a visible and inspiring diversity, inclusion and equality educator and champion, communicating regularly to the company on all things related to D&I.
- Extensive experience in driving change, in either a professional or significant voluntary capacity in diversity and inclusion
- Able to develop and project manage diversity, inclusion and equality initiatives at a global level, and an optimistic and creative problem solver.
- Deep expertise and connection within diverse communities, including a profound understanding of the US and UK experiences and struggles.
- Experience of equality, diversity and inclusion legislation and policies, including firsthand knowledge of best practices with a track record of implementing successful initiatives.
- Able to listen to and give voice to emergent issues of diversity and inclusion, building consensus through engaged discussion and active listening.
- High integrity, communication and active listening skills - you are not afraid to speak truth to power and galvanise others to drive change.
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.