Beauty Buyer - 1 year FTC (Maternity Cover)
Liberty’s unique beauty offer is world famous for the best in fragrance, skincare and makeup. With an emphasis on hard to find, emerging brands, we have a truly multichannel approach. Our beauty community includes cult fragrance from Bryedo to DS&Durga, skincare from legendary from Biologique Recherche and Aesop and innovative makeup from Hourglass and Surratt. Alongside our retail business, we have a successful beauty services offer and of course our coveted Beauty Advent Calendar.
We have an amazing opportunity for someone to come and join our pioneering buying team on a maternity cover for one year. Joining us at this time means you will have the opportunity to lead an already successful business through rapid expansion and global growth. We need someone who is fully versed in the world of beauty, loves it as much as we do and can bring energy and creativity to the role.
As our Buyer you will continue to shape and influence the beauty buying strategy, managing the current brand portfolio across own bought and concession and be accountable for driving sales forward through effective product sourcing, range building and negotiation. Alongside this you will have a strong network of brands and be able to anticipate future trends and opportunities for the business. As a strong team player, you will be used to working cross functionally to execute your departmental strategy, contributing to a wider brand strategy.
Who we would love to see:
- We would love to see applicants who are already working as an established Buyer ideally from a solid beauty background.
- A large amount of experience within a solely online role/brand would be a real advantage here and we are open to looking at a mix of brands from across the marketplace, not just from the luxury arena.
- You will need to be highly analytical, a strong leader with a bias to action and an excellent negotiator.
- You will ideally bring a large network of existing relationships from across the industry.
- A solid understanding of social media is also beneficial.
- We are a truly creative organisation so the most important traits for us are curiosity, innovation and collaboration.
To be shortlisted, candidates will need to have a real understanding of who the Liberty Beauty customer is and have a proven track record of being ahead of the game when it comes discovering the latest in Beauty and Skincare trends!