Manager, Infrastructure & Network Operations
As the Manager, Infrastructure & Network Operations, reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, you will be responsible for serving as the company’s technical infrastructure and network expert. Ensuring the development, implementation, daily management, and support for the effective operations of Information Technology (IT) services and support across the organization. Overseeing all IT hardware, software, associated peripherals, networks, data security, communications services, Help Desk and support services.
You will work within a small versatile team to provide technical support on company supported computers, devices, applications and platforms across multiple functions and geographies, playing a critical role in the overall success of the IT team.
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Configure and maintain internal systems to ensure availability and reliability
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues; servers, network, desktop, phones and/or systems hardware and software
- Upgrade the network infrastructure; recommend and implement new technical solutions
- Manage deployment, administration, and support for corporate servers, personal computers (desktops/laptops), printers, VoIP telephones, Wifi, mobile devices, network, network printing devices, peripherals and software, etc.
- Monitor the performance of servers, network, and infrastructure related applications
- Support and maintain system and user administration for the entire organization, including rights, security and systems groups
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of support tickets status and resolution and technical documentation
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines; utilize tools such as imaging software, Active Directory, and Remote Desktop
- Contribute to various technology related projects
- Responsible for the IT security and backup strategy administration for servers, end user devices, and network.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical user requests in order to determine, assess, prioritize, resolve, and document requests and problems.
- Work with IT technology vendors of in-house hardware, software, and their professional services.
- Manage Help Desk services:
- Provides first, and where applicable, second level support to all users.
- Facilitate and track third level support with partnered outside product service providers.
- Documenting issues, tracking, and resolutions within the help desk ticketing system.
Some of What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position for technology and support centre management.
- At least 3 years of management experience.
- Post-secondary Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree and combination of education and experience.
- Extensive hands on experience and knowledge of servers, workstations, network firewalls, routers and switches, peripherals such as printers and mobile devices, network antivirus security (Sophos, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of IT principles, concepts, and methods; systems testing and evaluation processes, methods, tools; IT security models and methods; internet technologies, and emerging information technologies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with backups for Microsoft and VM environments.
- Advanced knowledge and experience and support of Microsoft products and operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with LAN, WAN, Active Directory administration, DNS, DHCP, domain controllers, Microsoft file servers, Exchange, Wifi, telephone and communications.
- Proficient English, proficient French a plus
Some Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge and experience with Momentis, Great Plains, POS and other retail software
- Experience with hosted and co-location server environments
- Experience with VMware
- Microsoft O365 and Azure cloud services is highly desirable.
- Microsoft certifications [MCP, or MCSE] is highly desirable.
- Cisco certifications [CCNA, CCNP, or CCNE]
- Information security certification [SSCP or CISSP]