Project Manager, Business Operations
NuORDER is looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our growing PMO as an individual contributor to support our Business Operations team driving high-impact, cross-functional programs. We are focused on building new capabilities and driving operational excellence in every part of our business and need a new team member who is passionate about partnering across the company to plan and execute our most high-impact projects.
We’re looking for true passion for project and program management -- an individual who is happiest when acting as a thought partner to a colleague to shape an idea into a project, who gets excited to define that project with project plans and requirements documents, and who keeps the team moving towards deadlines. At the core, this individual is Operationally minded, is a highly skilled generalist and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Own planning and execution of high-impact projects within Business Operations by balancing team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of work
- Independently drive alignment and coordinate work across teams of employees working in Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Client Services, Sales, Partnerships and more
- Oversee project reporting and develop project updates for leadership teams
- Partner with the business to identify requirements and dependencies that are reflected in the types of project plans that people actually use
- Provide day to day operational support; Communications to both internal cross functional teams and external partners
- Identify work efforts, milestones, and dependencies across portfolios of work and recommend opportunities do the work better, faster and with greater impact
- Identify gaps or resource constraints and do the work independently to deliver on deadlines
- Estimate scope and levels of effort, define milestones, track progress and manage resources accordingly
- Communicate to project team members, department leaders and executives, keeping them informed and engaged and enabling them to do their best work
- Listen and learn from business partners, understanding how people and departments best communicate and integrating with the way they work
- Proactively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress on projects -- seeing around corners is an everyday part of the job
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate key decisions as required
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 2 - 4 years of experience leading complex projects as a project manager, consultant, or in a similar role focused on Business Operations
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, often ambiguous environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information in order to align stakeholders from individual contributors to executives
- Genuinely enjoy problem solving and logic
- Deep understanding of project management tools, from Asana to Jira -- and an appreciation for when to use what tools
- Passion for context switching that enables you to work on multiple projects spanning different cross-functional teams
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 1,200 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective, and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.
As a NuORDER employee, you can expect a variety of learning and development opportunities and a plethora of snacks, coffee, and sparkling water in our fully stocked kitchen. In addition, it’s not unusual for us to have Bagel Fridays, free lunches, game nights, and happy hours to bond as a team.