Sr. Apparel Designer - Menswear
With creative freedom and high-level direction, the Menswear Designer is to initiate concepts seasonally that are dynamic, fashion and moto driven, and emulative of the creative vision of the H-D aesthetic. Further, this position directly supports the General Merchandise Design & Product Development Manager by executing design development and execution of product that closely adheres to the brand’s vision and direction.
• Partner closely with Head of Design to consistently develop and improve the H-D Menswear collection
• Create sketches, illustrations and style information for designated product in line with H-D aesthetic
• Responsible for creation, development and execution of materials, sketches, prints, trim and hardware for product development
• Collaborate with all members of the H-D design team to ensure cohesiveness of products.
• Lead and participate in regular team meetings to reinforce close communication on design-related processes and related matters
• Identify/source material references for inspiration, monitor industry trends
• Brainstorm new concepts with Design team
• Partner with production team to manage assigned work from inception or product throughout completion
• Participate in preparation of line for various meetings, photo shoots and market presentations
• Adhere to design calendar deadlines and timelines; ensuring all designs are completed accurately and on time
• Mentor Design Interns, assigning projects and duties in line with H-D’s internship program