Shopify empowers more than 1 million merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. We're with our merchants each step of the way to help them start and scale their businesses, while allowing them to sell through numerous channels. Our mission is ambitious, and that means we need to hire great people so we can make commerce better for everyone.
As a video producer, you will be producing and editing video content for Shopify’s Shipping and Financial Solutions teams. Your role will focus on all three phases of video production: pre-production, production and post-production. You will help to conceptualize and develop video content to be used in promotional/inspirational marketing materials, along with content for internal communication and events. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in directing, shooting, and editing videos, along with a passion for crafting compelling stories.
A bit about the Shipping and Financial Solutions teams:
Shopify Shipping - We’re all about making shipping and fulfillment easier and affordable for our merchants. Whether they’re just starting up or scaling out, we allow our merchants to ship confidently with simplified tools.
Financial Solutions - Managing money can be one of the most stressful parts of running a business. Shopify creates simple financial solutions that help merchants accept payments and capital, avoid fraud, and pay their bills. We take the worry and confusion out of finances, so entrepreneurs around the world can focus on growing their business.
Relevant experience for the role:
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of video production: from pre-production (e.g. planning, storyboarding), to production (e.g. shooting, directing), and post-production (e.g. editing, motion graphics).
- Experience in developing a variety of content (e.g. short/longer films, interviews, technical demos, advertisements).
- Experience in working with external production agencies.
- Artistic vision: an eye for detail, knowing how to reach an audience through visual storytelling.
- Extensive knowledge of one or more video and audio editing/production software (e.g. Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Avid Pro Tools, Sony Vegas, etc).
- The ability to effectively operate video and audio equipment.
- Knowledge of lighting, composition, and image stabilizing equipment/techniques.
- Knowledge of the uses, operations, and limitations of video editing systems and related equipment.
- The ability to work efficiently and autonomously.
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing video series for use in either promotional/inspirational, or in-depth technical content.
- Working as part of a team to brainstorm and develop video concepts based on the needs of internal stakeholders and external users.
- Creating and editing existing footage of various formats: interviews, instructor-led courses and screen-casts.
- Shaping the creative direction for video content (including: scripts, treatments and edits).
- Taking ownership of video projects from pre-production through post-production, and uploading, embedding, and maintaining videos.
- Working both independently and as part of a team to deliver high-quality videos at a fast pace
- Consult internal subject matter experts – from technical and business backgrounds – to gain context on educational content.
- Identifying and conceptualizing opportunities to tell compelling stories.
- Staying abreast of current trends/techniques in video production.
- Designing and creating enticing motion graphics and animations in order to enhance user experience and learning.