Director of Marketing
At Shopify, we believe that commerce is one of the most defining avenues for entrepreneurs to reach independence. But almost everything about online commerce favours already-large existing companies. The Start product line exists to supercharge entrepreneurs' abilities to become successful with the best guidance, network, and motivation possible. We want to create more entrepreneurs and make it easier than ever to start a business.
As the marketing leader for Start you'll be driving the success of the product line’s mission and products. You’ll inspire entrepreneurs to succeed through storytelling, education, and community building. You have seen what it is like to build programs from scratch and evolve it into powerful, memorable experiences. You have a strong innovative vision for what our platform can become. Throughout, you keep your teams accountable for coming to good decisions collaboratively across disciplines.
We care about growing creative people to develop strong and capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Start team have diverse backgrounds and skillsets but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that entrepreneurs love. Come join us to do your life's best work!
You’ll get to work on things like:
- Creating and executing educational & community programs and partnerships to drive merchant success
- Acting as the evangelist for Shopify Start’s mission and products; using storytelling and content strategy to help and inspire entrepreneurs to succeed
- Determining messaging and product positioning for aspiring merchant products
- Analyzing product metrics to identify and prioritize opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product and marketing teams across Shopify, bringing customer needs and pain points to the table to improve the product and educational experience
- Interfacing with Shopify merchants and partners regularly to increase product adoption and to ensure a short product feedback loop
- Setting goals for, and executing and reporting on, various programs and campaigns
- Building a world-class team
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience in a marketing, product marketing, and/or content and editorial direction role
- Love of entrepreneurship and passion to help businesses succeed with ecommerce
- Ability to drive alignment across many cross-functional teams
- Amazing storytelling and writing skills
- A knack for prioritizing opportunities and defining minimum viable programs to test opportunities
- Experience with and a strong understanding of marketing ecommerce, education, community and/or marketplace platforms
It’ll be great if you have experience with:
- Educating entrepreneurs
- Building communities and/or content marketplaces from scratch
- Shopify or other eCommerce platforms