NORSE PROJECTS is searching for an experienced product-oriented head of production with extensive knowledge within the premium and luxury casual sportswear market.
As head of production, you are highly organised and well versed in both production planning and sourcing across the globe from among the worlds best factories and suppliers & your reason to join NORSE in its mission is your own passion for amazing products across the spectrum of premium casualwear, luxury-level sportswear and technical outerwear .
at NORSE Your primary role consists of managing the product life cycle from initial sourcing to managing production in cooperation with the design studio & sourcing team
More specifically the position entails the following tasks:
- With a strategic mindset, you will assist in developing a focus on sustainability across all aspects of the production and sourcing process, including how we think about product strategy and product design along with management, design.
- Co-owner of product strategy understanding merchandising principles and line planning (with leadership and sales)
- Participate in sourcing and discovery of best manufacturers, products & materials - Participates in product strategy and product line planning with leadership and design
- comfortable with analysis and numbers, can think holistically and balance short term operational results vs long term goals for the brand.
- set up yearly calendars & critical path for production, sourcing development and design
- set strategy for supply chain and sourcing
- set quality standards for suppliers and internal quality standards
- set a strategy to ensure focus on securing margin and timely deliveries
- create a documented operational framework including critical path, costing tools, seasonal task checklists, options plans, range plans, range boards, sampling and WIP tracking tools, BOM, quality standards.
– Ensure timely deliveries of sourcing, sampling and production
– Work with management and design on merchandising and product strategy
– Negotiate prices and framework for suppliers across sampling, low volume and higher volume production planning enabling sourcing of both fast track or smaller production runs as well as specialised or volume-oriented cost-based requirements.
– Daily follow up with partners and vendors worldwide
– Conduct costing on all levels from development to production
– Work closely with the design team in the ongoing development of the collections
– Set up seasonal line plans and budgets together with the design and sales team