Senior Merchandiser / Merchandiser - Plus size
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This is to pipeline candidates for our future talent needs.
The Senior Merchandiser/Merchandiser, Product Development will be responsible for developing the garment samples for the assigned product / style while working closely with the Merchandising teams of the Vendors. As part of product development team s/he will also be providing support in identifying opportunities of cost saving, onboarding new vendors and executing the innovation agenda for the department in the assigned product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Downloads tech pack and BOM. Works with vendors for development sampling and initial costs.
- Manages counter costing; Handling samples; Tracking fit approvals; Tracking lab dips.
- Following up with vendor on system-updates. Manages wear-test samples and tailoring samples.
- Ensures Systems are updated with costs and details. Coordinates MST legacy ID communications for purchase order.
- Partners with brand Design, R&D and key suppliers to develop innovative and quality product.
- Partners with Mill management, QA and technical teams to resolve fabric or quality issues.
- Resolves issues within a timely manner while working to continuously improve and create internal and external processes and procedures.
Who you are
- Merchandise Sourcing Knowledge - Experience in sample development and with offshore production exposure; in large-sized buying office or trading company ; handling PLUS-SIZE products is a must (Please specify PLUS-SIZE products experience in detail)
- Planning & Influencing - proven experience in plan, prioritize and influence at all levels
- Drive Results - ability to analyze situations and proactively suggest solutions to meet deliverables
- Learning Agility & Experimentation - demonstrates eagerness to learn and explore new ways of approaching goals
- Effective Communicator & Team Player - proven capability to communicate effectively, verbal and written