HR & Workplace Experience Assistant
At Vestiaire Collective, our mission is to create the world’s most desirable wardrobe. Since our launch in 2009, we have become the leading sustainable fashion eCommerce platform in the world, creating new ways to buy, sell and appreciate pre-loved fashion. We have built a loyal community of over 9 million members across 50 countries around our circular economy, based on our carefully curated catalogue, each product quality-controlled by our experts. Vestiaire Collective has global offices across Paris, London, New York and Hong Kong, and is backed by tier 1 investors including Conde Nast, Balderton Capital, Ventech, and Eurazeo and Vitruvian.
At Vestiaire Collective you'll enjoy a welcoming environment, competitive salary and great benefits including free healthcare, dental and vision care, healthcare flex spending, 401k, generous maternity leave, generous PTO, commuter flex spending and life insurance.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The HR & Facilities Assistant is a hands-on job that is directly responsible for the day to day management of the office and ensuring it runs smoothly while helping maintain our positive company culture. The successful candidate will be flexible, organized, proactive, collaborative and thoughtful—someone who puts a priority on team building and fostering office camaraderie. You will report directly to the Head of our US office.
Join Vestiaire Collective!
Office Management - (50% - 3 afternoons / 2 mornings)
- Be the “face” of Vestiaire Collective : Welcome employees, clients and visitors, answering incoming phone calls. Manage the building visitor registration system, and coordinate with the building management on any issues.
- Own It : Supervise kitchen staff and ensure that office standards of cleanliness are maintained for all areas including: kitchen/cafe, event space, conference rooms. Ensure that conference and training rooms are always tidy, accessible and stocked with supplies and ready for the next strategy session. Maintain inventory of all supplies, including management of asset inventory and our fully-stocked kitchen.
- Be an Organizational Support System : Manage vendors service levels including: caterers, snack and beverage vendors, building maintenance personnel as well as landscape and security personnel, as needed. Oversee administration budget, ensuring all finances are kept up to date and expenses allocated.
- Keep the office running: Work closely with IT support resources, work to identify and replace broken equipment, or recognize a potential issue before anyone realizes there’s a problem.
- Be an Event Planner: Plan various events for the employees, that range in scope and size from weekly lunches to our annual summer and winter parties, and everything in between.
Human Resources - (40% - 2 afternoons / 2 mornings)
- Recruitment operations:
- Implement recruitment of short and long term personal through collection and verification of candidate documentation
- Check professional references and prepare job offers
- Ensure recruitment and personnel actions are compliant with VC policies and procedures, contract requirements,regulations, and local labor law
- Onboarding operations:
- Coordinate with Paris HR/Admin team support on onboarding procedures including corporate presentation on day one Paris support
- Maintain personnel records in accordance with VC record retention and documentation requirements
- Support work permit requirements for expatriate staff with Paris Admin team
- Offboarding operations:
- Coordinate with Paris HR/Admin team support on offboarding procedures, including arranging exit interviews, and collection of all equipment and termination documents
- Ongoing operations: Serve as the main “go-to” person for a rapidly growing team and help out wherever necessary
Executive Assistant - (10% - 1 morning)
- Manage Executive team’s calendar by organizing internal and external meetings accordingly
- Take care of Executive team’s expenses
- Manage Executive’s team travel plans including booking of flights, hotels etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internal & external); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multicultural backgrounds
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Ideally, a former experience in a fast-growing and fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Vestiaire Collective, we are committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees. We aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental health care insurance
- Commuter flex spending
- Participation in our 401k plan
- Flexible work life balance with generous paid time off
Excited? We are too! Apply now below!
Our team will review your application in the following 4 weeks. If your profile and experience fit the role, we will invite you for an interview.
About Vestiaire Collective
Tout se résume à une question importante : Pourquoi tant de grands articles de mode ne sont-ils pas portés ?
Vestiaire Collective est une plateforme mondiale qui met en relation des millions d'acheteurs et de vendeurs de mode prisée. Nous sommes mondialement présents: notre siège social est à Paris et nous avons des bureaux satellites à New York, Londres, Milan, Berlin et Hong Kong.
En tant qu’employeur, Vestiaire Collective offre à tous/tes les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi. Nous veillons à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de notre communauté de fashion activists.