3 days left
- Full Time
Technical Designer will create tech packs for production of women and children collections. In addition, they will be involved in fitting and communicating the fit comments overseas.
- Establish close partnership with Design in order to facilitate the interpretation of design concepts into bulk production.
- Conduct fittings on models to determine fit corrections
- Measure all garments to ensure they align with product specifications
- Determine corrections to achieve fit by manipulating garment and/or pattern and flat technical sketches
- Create Technical Packages detailing Sewing, Points of Measurement, Graded Specifications, Wash Description, Label/Hangtag Placement, Bill of Materials (or BOM), and Packaging Instructions.
- Meet weekly with Team regarding the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendars
- Identify any technical problems with pre-production samples and follow through to ensure all issues are resolved prior to production
- Interact on a daily basis with factories/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering. Manage all technical related production work flow and emails.
- 4 Year College Degree: Preferred with training in Technical Design & Patternmaking
- 5 + years in the apparel industry in technical design and/or pattern making
- Must have live model fit experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of patternmaking & garment construction
- Ability to work in high volume department and interact with multiple cross-functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of women’s sizing Petite through 3X and children’s 2-10