- Establish close partnership with Design in order to facilitate the interpretation of design concepts into bulk production.
- Conduct fittings on models to determine fit corrections
- Measure all garments to ensure they align with product specifications
- Determine corrections to achieve fit by manipulating garment and/or pattern and flat technical sketches
- Create Technical Packages detailing Sewing, Points of Measurement, Graded Specifications, Wash Description, Label/Hangtag Placement, Bill of Materials (or BOM), and Packaging Instructions.
- Meet weekly with Team regarding the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendars
- Identify any technical problems with pre-production samples and follow through to ensure all issues are resolved prior to production
- Interact on a daily basis with factories/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering. Manage all technical related production work flow and emails.
- Input grade rules, cross-check pattern, pattern card, graded specs and BOM before releasing PP to factory.
- Issue final production grading.
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement and raw material optimization.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 7+ years experience in technical design
- Superior knowledge of fit, grading and garment construction
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Demonstrate initiative, time management skills and flexibility in a change oriented culture
- Knowledge of Women’s sizing Petite through 3X, and kids 2-8.