Studio Nicholson are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to work as part of their ambitious team in the heart of Hackney. Reporting to the Managing Director, it is essential that the applicant has experience of a multi sales channel with a knowledge of retail stock finance management and exposure to business operational issues a significant benefit. You will be expected to take full control of all financial aspects whilst assisting the Managing Director and rest of the team to set and achieve monthly and quarterly objectives. We’re a fast-growing business and this is an excellent opportunity to be part of our continued success.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, highly organised, motivated and looking for a role in which they can grow into, learn, develop and progress.
• Management of all day-to-day finance and accounting functions.
• Including management of accounts payable and credit control
• Negotiating payment terms with suppliers
• Weekly review of debtors’ ledger & prepayments with MD to understand, monitor and analyse credit risks, provide for bad debt and release or hold stock as required
• Produce monthly management accounts and overall monthly business performance reports, including setting and reviewing KPIs
• Work with the MD and each team (Design, Production, Operations, etc) to set and manage regular budgets
• Regular meetings with Founder and Directors to review performance and identify risks and opportunities to current budgets
• Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Ensure correct stock accounting across the business
• Produce monthly cash flow forecasts
• Ultimately manage the cash balance of the company in an efficient way, supporting our growth and investment in a prudent and sensible manner
• Management of drawing money down from a Trade Facility
• Implementation and management of internal control processes
• Full responsibility for all HMRC returns (VAT/EC Sales/Intrastat) and Year End Accounts
• Process monthly payroll
• Liaise with co auditors, bankers and management agents
• Work closely with the Founder, MD and wider team across a range of ad-hoc projects
• Providing accurate and succinct financial information for current and potential investors, the board and other stakeholders
• Work with the MD to build financial forecasts for new investments, such as new retail site
You will need to be:
• Part qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
• Previous experience in the retail, wholesale or luxury sector
• Be exceptionally well organised and comfortable working to monthly deadlines
• Have entrepreneurial flair and a strategic mind
• Be a self-starter with plenty of energy, and outstanding at working under your own initiative and under pressure. A positive can-do attitude is essential.
• Be fabulous at Excel
• Working experience of/or familiarity with XERO preferred but not essential
Benefits of working at Studio Nicholson:
• The opportunity to be part of a successful and fast-growing business
• The chance to build your own finance team as we grow
• Generous clothing allowance