DION LEE is looking for an innovative RTW Designer to join the New York based design team.
Reporting to the Creative Director and based in the New York Office, this role will drive, contribute and support the delivery of four DION LEE seasonal collections per year, including two runway collections and two pre-collections.
The ideal candidate will have an exceptional design vision with a strong understanding of patternmaking, drape and tailoring with an understanding of womenswear and menswear.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and manage the entire design process, from concept inception, finalisation and hand over to production
- Extensively research creative ideas, newness and innovations
- Develop design concepts and ideas through research, vintage sourcing, draping, fabric and textile manipulation and other relevant tactile experiments
- Finalise sketches with Creative Director in a timely manner to ensure a consistent work flow in the design room
- Prepare and hand off sketches to pattern maker, ensuring all design elements and garment construction details are clearly communicated and resolved
- Attend and lead fittings, collaborating with product developer and patternmaker to ensure design intention is correctly executed and fit comments are communicated
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Sales department to select fabrics and trims relevant to design brief and line plan
- Works closely with Junior designer on the development of Knitwear, Accessories and Footwear
- Please include a sample of design work with your CV.
- Short listed applicants will be required to submit a design project as part of the interview process