Head of Product
HEAD OF PRODUCT - US-BASED
About Us/Who We Are
Another Tomorrow lives at the intersection of aesthetics and function, technology and purpose, artistry and sustainability. Launched in January 2020, we are an end-to-end sustainable luxury ready-to-wear collection and platform for discovery and action created in response to the values of the curious, compassionate global citizen seeking elevated, thoughtful design, education, and tools for advocacy.
Built on a foundation of community, transparency, and organic scarcity, every decision is guided by a value system based on three pillars – human, animal, and environmental welfare. Empathy for the Earth and its inhabitants is the common thread through transparent supply chains, stringent chemical management and animal welfare standards, living wages, safe working conditions, and full carbon offset program. We are a B Corp certified company and donate a percentage of each sale to our philanthropic partners.
We push the boundaries of what responsibly grown, and ethically manufactured materials can achieve. Sensual and strong, our collection is designed for living.
Available for sale at anothertomorrow.co, MatchesFashion.com and at the Dallas and Napa locations of The Conservatory.
Another Tomorrow is committed to creating an inclusive and representative environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are currently hiring a Head of Product. In this role, you will oversee, and ultimately be accountable for, the full lifecycle of Another Tomorrow’s sustainable, ready-to-wear product from sketch through development, production and final delivery. You will be responsible for setting and maintaining the seasonal calendar and for driving forward the execution and logistics of sustainable luxury garments in all categories. This role works closely with our Creative Director for approval of designs and development, and with our Italy-based development & production manager who is responsible for all product operations in Europe. You will also oversee our Manager of Operations & Logistics who is in charge of shipping and delivery to and from our warehouse in NJ. This is a part-time, salaried position that will include benefits including maternity leave, generous vacation policy and healthcare.
Sourcing - Development - Production
- Liaise with design on sourcing requests and provide input to production manager in Italy
- Ensure a precise handover of sketches from design, as well as correct handover of information to production, within set deadlines and key calendar dates
- Approve development and production calendars set up by Italy PM
- Liaise with Italy PM, as well as suppliers and manufacturers as needed
- Facilitate review of all lab dips, fabric developments, garment samples, and their stitch details and label placements with Creative Director
- Review all samples received to ensure that styles are of the required standard
- Set up and sign off on BOMs and costing in Zedonk, Italy PM completes and updates
- Set up appropriate wash & care instructions, HTS codes, and label instructions by style
- Prepare official line sheets for each collection
- Lead the costing reviews with Italy PM ahead of the production handovers to ensure all information is correct in tech packs and Zedonk
- Check and approve measurements and grade rules for each style before production launch
- Attend fit sessions where possible
- Sign off on TOP approval and bulk production cuttings
- Actively participate in problem solving to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
Environmental and Social Responsibility
- Facilitate transparency and traceability data collection
- Implementation of sustainable sourcing policies
- Maintaining transparent and long term commitments with AT production partners
- Create a production model that services a business that requires short lead-time core items and complex garments made to a high standard
- Strategize to minimize production risks through calculated and effective sourcing decisions
- Set up high-level financials calendar - creation of financial forecasts and development budgets
- Check invoices and proformas against PO’s and OC’s
- Calculate duties/shipping for each style for a landed price
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 8-10+ years experience in a similar role for a high-end luxury brand
- Experience in luxury fashion & knowledge of luxury finishings
- Strong organizational and time and action management skills
- Must possess strong planning, cost analysis and margin knowledge
- Basic understanding of garment construction and fabrics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Zedonk or other back office technology preferred
- Experience in start-up and/or small team environments
- Must be self-motivated and a hands-on team player with a positive attitude
- Must be committed to sustainability and constant improvement
- Must be a critical thinker and have an interest in innovation
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with the subject line “AT Head of Product” with a short introduction and a copy of your resume.