RTW Product Developer
RTW Product Developer:
As the RTW Product Developer at ROKSANDA you will play a crucial role in the development of the ready to wear product from sketch through to sample; achieving the timelines laid out in the critical path. Driving forward the development of beautiful, high quality garments of all categories. The ideal candidate will have experience in a atelier environment with strong technical knowledge. You will also have excellent time management and an excellent ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Assist in the day to day running of the studio in collaboration with the Head of Development. Ensuring the flow of work through the studio is in line with design expectation and development timeframes.
- Along with all PD team members, assist in managing the day to day tasks of interns.
- In collaboration with all studio staff cut toiling and final sampling as needed.
- Undertaking in store research quarterly, primarily to research new finishing but also looking at fabrics and trims at the Roksanda market level.
- Analyzing initial research with the Design Team and looking into how key detailing will be developed for the collection, mocking up prototypes in advance of first fittings where necessary.
- Attend all relevant sketch handovers from design.
- Attend fit sessions where possible.
- Organise and follow up on all trials requested by the design team safeguarding the high standard of finish Roksanda is known for.
- Develop all high cost product to ensure to this is developed with the required level of expertise. This includes but is not limited to, Embroidery, Tailoring and Outerwear.
- Set up relevant tech packs, inputting all construction details and building BOMS.
- Upload all BOMs for relevant styles into Zedonk. Ensuring all information is entered and maintained to 100% accuracy.
- Send out pick packs to relevant suppliers as needed.
- Review all samples received to ensure that styles are of the required standard.
- In conjunction with the Head of Development analysis all styles to identify cost savings to help meet the required seasonal margins.
- Build and maintain appropriate relationships with relevant suppliers and manufacturers.
- Participate in preparation and execution of LFW shows.
- Travel where required to factories to hand over sampling and check SMS before shipment.
- Manage the development of junior members of the development team. Actively advising and assisting their development.
Hand over to Production:
- Leading the costing reviews ahead of the Production Handovers to ensure all information is correct in tech packs and Zedonk. Ensuring a clean and precisie handover to production.
- Attending all production handovers related to relevant product.
- Checking and ensuring all information passed to the production team is 100% accurate and up to date in time with set deadlines.
- Clearly communicating to the Production Team any difficulty encountered with each style and outlining why pieces were placed with specific manufacturers or made in-house.
- Where issues do arise in Production; actively participate in problem solving to ensure all issues are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.