Technical Designer (Freelance)
A-Cold-Wall* is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Technical Designer to join our London based team on a freelance basis.
This role will report to the Lead Menswear Designer.
Role/responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Supporting the design team with design development/cad work including thorough product detail research and exploration
- Ensuring all elements of construction are correct for each garment, advising on improvements as/when needed
- Creation of technical sketches across multiple product categories
- Creating and maintaining tech pack across multiple product categories
- Creating and maintaining cads/tech packs for studio special projects as/when required
- Assisting in fittings to take clear and detailed notes for amendments, updating technical sketches as required
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Technical Designer who has a meticulous eye for detail and with the ability to work independently and take responsibility for their workflow.
- Solid research experience
- 5-6 years’ relevant design experience
- Experience of performance/technical outerwear advantageous
- Sound understanding of garment construction and detailing
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for fashion and creative industries
- Team player who takes initiative and can handle fast paced environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)