Fine Jewellery Specialist
24 carrots? Get with the program, it's Carats we're concerned with. Shape and size really do matter when it comes to diamonds. We’re looking for a passionate Fine Jewellery Specialist to take the lead in curating an exceptional customer experience in our dedicated Fine Jewellery department. Based in the iconic Flagship store on South Molton Street, you’ll utilise your expertise to take ownership of the department, directly managing our jewellery sales associate and working closely with the wider sales team to drive this important part of our business! From daily communication with our Jewellery Buyers offering them first hand customer feedback and discussing performance, to facilitating bespoke orders for our elite clients, you will seize every opportunity to help achieve commercial goals. We do jewellery the Browns way – which means you’ll be working with unique product including one-of-a-kind pieces and custom capsule collections exclusive to Browns. So if you know your 9K to your 18K gold, then this is the role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curate and deliver a personalised customer experience for all Browns clients.
- Work in partnership with wider departments across the business to introduce initiatives in order to maximise sales, driven by fine jewellery product.
- Attend relevant brand training to continue to build knowledge and expertise within fine jewellery.
- Directly line manage the Fine Jewellery Sales Associate, holding accountability for performance and development of that individual.
- Engage with the wider shop floor sales team to deliver training on fine jewellery, building their product knowledge and confidence in order to link sell in to the department.
- Provide specialist advice to clients and assist them in meeting their needs.
- Support on in store client events.
- Build and share expertise and knowledge on fine jewellery product with Browns customers.
- Achieve personal sales and department sales targets to contribute towards the overall business targets as set by the company management.
- Take accountability to VM standard of the jewellery department following VM guidelines, ensuring items are represented in the most appealing way.
- Follow up on any customer request or special orders, managing the process smoothly from end-to-end.
- Manage the stock and security for the jewellery department, conducting daily stock checks and resolving any discrepancies.
- Contribute to our CRM, including collecting accurate customer data, and engaging in after sales.
- Provide client feedback to the buying department and offering suggestions to improve the commercial performance of the jewellery department.
- Be a team player with an all-rounder approach to store responsibilities, both in terms of service and day to day operational tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience within a luxury jewellery business.
- GIA (or equivalent) qualified, preferably in diamond grading, colour stone grading, gem identification, and pearl grading.
- Proven track record in achieving personal sales targets.
- Strong ability to build clientele and manage your customer book effectively.
- Confidence to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety clients.
- Keen interest in luxury fashion and jewellery and up to date with trends and designers.
- Passion to represent Browns as the coolest boutique in the world!