Payments Solution Consultant
NuORDER is a venture-backed, B2B eCommerce technology company revolutionizing the way the $130 billion wholesale business is done. Since 2011, we’ve offered a platform to empower brands and retailers to conduct their business in a smarter, modern, more efficient way and 100% online. We’re digitizing the buying process and currently partnering with over 2,000 brands and 500,000 retailers within different verticals to provide a central place to browse different products and catalogs, access up-to-the-minute sales and inventory data, and place orders any time of day, even via mobile.
The Global Professional Services team is responsible for providing implementation services on NuORDER’s Payments and Credit Platforms. We work with Account Executives and Account Managers to understand the Partner/Merchant business challenges, envision the solutions, and turn the vision into reality. Bring your passion and leadership to help create great products and services, and work with internal product engineering teams to deliver amazing brand experiences. We are seeking a well-experienced, hands-on Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Consultant to lead our technical sales life cycle, work through solution brainstorming, help design scalable solutions, and manage the implementation of those solutions. This individual will directly support the launch of assigned accounts, both in the office and in the field throughout the Pre-Sales stage to Solution launch. Be the ‘voice of the customer’ when providing feedback to Product Managers, Onboarding Specialists, Integration Managers, and other internal groups on new functions and feature enhancements.
The ideal candidate must have strong business acumen to leverage executive presence and become a trusted advisor to assist our accounts in implementation planning, and deep payments industry background is a requirement. This includes very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to speak to diverse audiences and across functional areas to build a cohesive message and create consensus with both business and technical contacts. This individual has the technical expertise to lead software and architecture discussions and guide cross-functional product teams through functional definition, solution, and integration stages on large scale, complex engagements and ensure customer success. This person should possess a deep understanding of our products and technology and determine the proper solutions for wholesale commerce payments and credit solutions. The candidate is comfortable performing many different roles and can help bring strategy and technology together.
Come join our team if you’re an individual who’s a fast, innovative thinker with the ability to quickly recognize opportunities and apply your exceptional technical knowledge and skills to merge a multitude of products and experiences.
- Provide Pre-Sales Engineering / Solution Consultant support to account team and lead solution discovery discussions
- Work with technical product leads to design a solution that optimally utilizes our wholesale, payment, and credit platform.
- Ability to lead complex engagements that may involve multiple project teams from NuORDER and client teams. Coordinate with product and engineering teams as needed.
- Construct a technical architecture of multiple solutions to match brand’s industry standards, use cases, strategy and technical needs
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to brands on our product and service offerings
- Maintain regular communication with both the brand and internal teams, and constantly manage expectations
- Develop Solution Proposal and Solution Designs to define the overall solution and implementation plan with brand engineering team
- Oversee technical project delivery process with key contributors to help manage scope
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery. Work with internal product teams to align roadmap phases for future release schedules
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external API capabilities of NuORDER
- Own technical delivery of a working solution from design, through to working with brand engineering teams through integration, testing, implementation and launch
- Capture and communicate experiences in formal post-mortem, feeding lessons learned, best practices and resources back into the rest of the services teams
- 5+ years in Payments (Credit Card, Banking, Online, Offline), especially with payments gateways and/or payment processors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance and/or computer science.
- 5+ years of experience/exposure in the following areas:
Web and mobile technologies including Web Services, APIs, REST, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and leading web and mobile application frameworks. Working with or leading Technical Product Management. Working in a Pre-Sales capacity support Business Development initiatives
- 5+ years relevant experience in a leading role such as Solution Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer or Solution Consultant
- Superb executive presence, capable of gaining trust of C-Level Executives
- Strong executive presence and the ability to collaborate effectively with a Director and above audience internal and external to NuORDER.
- Ability to successfully interact and dynamically adapt communication styles with all levels of client organizations including Senior Executives, Middle Management, Sales, Finance, Operations, & Technical/IT staff
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- Ability to translate requirements into detailed design documents
- Ability to analyze strategic objectives and define specific tactical goals required to achieve them.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
- Ability to lead others and perform mentoring duties such as defining training needs, coaching, and providing constructive feedback
- Exceptional team building and team management skills
- Ability to lead and manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse stakeholders
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid maternal and paternal leave.