Fashion Designer: Apparel and Accessories
We are now looking to add to our Miista product design Studio an experienced Product Designer for Fashion/ Specialising in Apparel & Accessories.
This is a very exciting new position as the Brand expands into new product categories.
The position is based in London, UK, but travelling abroad during peak design season to supervise sampling and fitting is required.
The position reports to the Head of Brand and Design.
Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Design, identifying creative concepts, mood-boards, and trends for the incoming season
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Design, and in collaboration with the Brand's Merchandiser, identify the right size and balanced product range plan for the season, both for Clothing and Accessories
- Sketch by hand initial product ideas
- Visit the international fabric and leather fairs seasonally and look for new trends and suppliers, while working on maintaining strong relationships with current material suppliers
- Create design tech packs for production of women apparel and accessories.
- Create renderings and presentations detailing Sewing, Points of Measurement, Graded Specifications, Wash Description, Label/Hangtag Placement, Bill of Materials (or BOM), and Packaging Instructions
- Being involved in fitting and communicating the fit comments to our overseas suppliers.
- Working closely with our pattern cutter overseas to achieve the exact desired fit
- Conduct overseas fittings on models to determine fit corrections
- Determine corrections to achieve fit by manipulating garment / accessories and/or pattern and flat technical sketches
- Meet weekly with Team regarding the sample approval status in order to maintain company time/action calendars
- Identify any technical problems with pre-production samples and follow through to ensure all issues are resolved prior to production
- In collaboration with the brands product developer, interact on a daily basis with factories/vendors to problem solve all issues related to garment engineering. Manage all technical related production workflow and emails
- Ensure that the creative output is consistent and in line with the brands objectives, with consistency across all creative touch points, and that concepts are aligned across all products
- Collaborate with a strong internal creative team
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in fashion design/product, ideally with training in Technical Design & Pattern-making
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the fashion industry on a similar role
- Proven industry experience within the luxury fashion market and a strong understanding of both luxury products and high street
- An excellent hand sketcher
- Must have live model fit experience and good knowledge of pattern-making & garment construction
- A good understanding of fabrics
- A good leather accessories technical background
- Proficient in Photoshop, and Illustrator
- 3D product design / modelling software is a plus
- Innate ability to review and strategise creative product concepts relevant to brand image
- Strong interest and views within design platforms, fashion, art, culture
- Strong planning, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Highly proactive and solution oriented
- Great at building relationships and able to influence suppliers, partners and team members in a positive way
- Able to work within a team where ideas are collaborative
- Intellectual curiosity to explore and push the limits of fashion products
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English. Spanish, Portuguese and Italian would be a plus
- Have a strong team collaboration and networking attitude.
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to submit your application, including your portfolio, as soon as possible.