Content Marketing Manager
What’s the opportunity?
This is an opportunity to join one of the UK's most exciting and popular new platforms as it starts to expand.
Only two years into launching the platform online, Bombinate.com has attracted a loyal following of men & women who care deeply about quality. What is more, the brand ecosystem is recognising the role Bombinate is playing in spearheading the movement towards ethical manufacture, conscious consumption and great design.
In this role you will lead the content creation and shape Bombinate's customer facing character by evolving and establishing our brand identity through the look and feel of our articles, social media & website features.
This is your chance to be at the helm of a new brand, looking at a tired industry in a completely new way in order to create a new lifestyle brand.
The opportunity has the potential to scale rapidly, building our content production team to support dramatic expansion across Europe over the next 24 months.
What will the job involve?
- Build and manage a content strategy that positions Bombinate as a thought leader in sustainable and quality retail.
- Optimize content to achieve SEO goals.
- Work with Marketing, Brands Management, Supply and Product teams to develop and maintain go-to-market and distribution plans for our top high-value brands and customers.
- Maintain editorial governance to ensure consistency across the organization and beyond.
- Develop and drive content marketing KPIs and ongoing optimisations that drive growth.
- Identify and collaborate with our top internal experts to help them share and distill their expertise across events, webinars, podcasts, blog articles etc.
- Lead the charge on PR and promotional efforts using thought leadership.
- Produce content about our brands, customers and wider community.
- Introduce new ways to present Bombinate content in email.
- Brief, negotiate and manage freelancers on ‘hero’ content including short films, illustrations, etc.
- Play an integral role in the overall direction of Bombinate’s brand and work closely with senior leadership to execute on it.
What experience, skills and traits do I need?
- Experience building content strategies based on detailed customer personas and SEO analysis.
- A talented writer capable of switching tone and voice depending on the audience and message.
- Ability to write strong SEO content without sacrificing quality.
- An understanding of how to build authentic credibility through thought leadership.
- Commercially-minded with a detailed understanding of lead generation and the importance of building relationships with Marketing.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Flexible and committed.
- Experience in a magazine, e-commerce content arm or media outlet.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, and interest in new technology, processes and developments.
- You have and instinctive grasp for brand positioning and aesthetic which will appeal to our smart, sophisticated, style conscious, curious customer.
- You’re an ideas person with the energy and determination to make those ideas real.
- You have a good understanding of the key digital and offline channels (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Display Advertising, Billboards, In-store) and understand how to effectively match the content to the audience’s experience.
- You have experience producing great content on a shoestring, being canny to get the most bang for your buck in working with freelancers and in producing photo and film shoots.
- Technical understanding of formats, online workflows and rendering for fast turnarounds.
- You have experience managing creative freelancers and/or as a creative freelancer working for exciting brands.
- You have a bias for output over input, for doing over talking.
- You're positive, tenacious, energetic and love to 'get things done'.
- While you have an eye for the big picture, you believe that your job is a craft, and so the details are something you like to obsess over.
What’s in it for me?
Bombinate offers a number of team-wide benefits and perks but if there’s something that’s important to you that’s not on this list, let us know.
An opportunity to champion craftsmanship & great design. And to shape the way we connect craftsmanship brands to those who care about quality.
Highly competitive salary.
We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
25 days holiday allowance increase by 1 day with each year of service.
Generous Bombinate credit allowance to help you bring your wardrobe to life.
Regular team socials.
Weekly breakfast meetings.
Drinks on a Friday afternoon to celebrate the week.
Coaching/mentoring to help you with your development.
Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
Is this role only full-time? Can I work remotely?
This role is full-time and based on-site in London. Because we're such a small, tight-knit team right now, working all in one place helps us go faster and solve complex problems together.Nonetheless, we are open to exceptional remote candidates.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please email us at email@example.com and:
- Include "Content Marketing Manager BOF" in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send us 5 to 150 words explaining why we'll be glad to have you on board one year from now.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, e.g. your portfolio, LinkedIn, instagram.