DeMellier – Ecommerce Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast growing designer handbag brand. The candidate will be responsible for managing the plan for traffic growth while developing new initiatives for conversion rate optimisation, along with management of all digital marketing channels as well as the day-to-day trading of the DeMellier website. The role spans a diverse range of areas and the candidate will be able to take true ownership of these, overseeing the end-to-end user and customer experience for DeMellier’s online business. This person will be reporting to the Managing Director and the role is assisted by an Ecommerce Assistant.
An excellent eye for detail and an ability to work on a diverse range of projects at once is crucial. This role offers opportunity and versatility, and will suit someone who is keen to grow and learn in a fast paced, exciting environment.
- Work closely with both the Head of Marketing and the Managing Director to ensure the digital strategy is aligned with the overall vision of the brand and the overall Marketing Plan
- Plan and execute the digital marketing strategy across all digital channels including Email, PPC, Paid Social, Affiliates and Content.
- Forecast, execution and monitoring of paid budget
- Plan, build and send regular email newsletters plus plan and set up automated email campaigns
- Closely manage the 3rd party agencies the brand is working with on the different channels
- Work with the Head of Marketing to develop effective CRM strategies and meet core KPIs
- Own the day-to-day trading of the website
- Ensure the site is merchandised to a high standard
- Day-to-day management of development agency ensuring that priorities are clear, and budgets are maintained
- Website roadmap: build, test and deliver
- Responsible for the website integrations
- Maintain and manage UX tool to deliver efficient campaigns
- Ensure website is optimised for sales and customer experience, always checking for areas that require improvement
- Coordinate with Production, Customer Service teams and Logistics partner to ensure stock levels are maintained and pre-orders are managed effectively
- Ensure all payment processing, fraud management and post-purchase customer service for the online channel are managed efficiently
- Use Google Analytics & other reporting tools to recommend opportunities to improve user experience and conversion
Reporting and Management
- Build and update monthly reports: e-commerce, digital marketing, broadcast newsletters, email automation, etc.
- Manage and build learning curve of the Ecommerce Assistant
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 3-4 years as an eCommerce Executive / Manager within a fast-paced retail environment
- Thorough experience of Content Management Systems (preferably Magento 2) and product owning
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing channels, Facebook advertising, PPC, Affiliates, email marketing
- Previous experience with UX tools (preferably Yieldify)
- Working knowledge of eCommerce shopping platforms, email platforms (preferably Mailchimp), affiliate marketing, and social media platforms
- Highly numerate with a solid understanding of eCommerce performance metrics
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics
- Great attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Positive can-do attitude, willing to go the extra mile
- Problem solver with a pro-active approach
- Able to take own initiative with great time management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Enjoys being involved in both the strategic / planning phase and operational / execution phase of a project
DeMellier is a fast-growing award-winning designer handbag brand based in London. In 2018 it was awarded the Emerging Talent Award Brand by British Luxury Association WALPOLE, recognising its commitment to innovation, craftsmanship and the highest standards of quality. DeMellier handbags have become a favourite among strong women all over the world, including celebrities such as Beyonce, Emily Blunt, the Duchess of Sussex, January Jones, Kristen Bell and Lily Collins among others. In addition to its direct-to-consumer business, DeMellier is stocked in leading department stores such as Saks, Le Bon Marche, Nordstrom, David Jones and Lane Crawford among others.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com