Apparel Designer (Women’s RTW)
We are currently looking to fill a Designer level position that will focus on Women’s Wovens Product. You must be passionate, enthusiastic, and rigorous, with an obsessive eye for detail. This role will be working closely with the whole team to ensure that the collections focus on sustainable, quality garments with a strong fashion statement.
You will bring your designs to life by reviewing samples, attending fittings, and collaborating with product development, merchandising, and production teams.
Our design aesthetic is easy, modern and clean; less is more. Our vision is to create perfect and timeless wardrobe pieces for every woman (suiting, clean silk blouse, trench...). We rely on a maniacal editing process to get these essential pieces just right, from fabric to fit, to drape and construction.
The ideal candidate graduated from a competitive design school and has extensive experience working with highly respected fashion brands.
- Report to and support the Creative Director in the creation of women’s woven product
- Initiate designs beginning with thorough research and inspirational images
- Hand sketch initial ideas, and computer sketch final ideas
- Work closely with the technical design and product development teams to communicate the vision behind the products, ensuring that all products created achieve the desired margin targets
- Attend and participate in weekly fittings
- Stay up to date with current trends, innovations and technologies as well as go above and beyond to create and source new concepts.
- Handling the development of each garment before handing over to Production, working closely with the Product Development team, both in London and Italy, and occasionally with Pattern Cutters and Machinists in-house.
- Developing and creating new best sellers.
- Research and organising archive, ensuring a clear working environment in the design studio at all times.
- Travel when needed to support the business.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years of Women’s Woven experience, (Outerwear, Tailoring, and Bottoms experience an advantage)
- Bachelor's degree from top Fashion Design program
- High creativity with an innate sense of trend
- A considered aesthetic with an eye toward detail and hand feel
- A dynamic attitude and are highly responsive to working in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity to explore new ideas
- Positive energy with an ability to take feedback
- Confident presentation skills, capable of influencing an audience
- Well crafted organizational skills inclusive of development deadlines tracking
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop with an understanding of PLM
- Experience with coaching junior team members
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with us may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
- You will be surrounded by talented fashion professionals who will help drive strategic thinking and help you become a true expert in your field
- An exciting career opportunity within a young and dynamically growing team of international talents
- Competitive salary and benefits
Budapest, Zrinyi utca 4
About the brand:
Aeron is a Budapest-based brand, founded by Eszter Áron. Inspired by exceptional materials, the Budapest atelier is marked by traditional craftsmanship, and its signature design contrasting the brutalist aesthetics of its hometown. While fabrics are sourced within Europe, styles are mindfully produced locally. Each collection is born in a genuine quest for a balanced life, evoking ripe confidence and clean lines. Infused with the cultural era of inspiring women, AERON stands for a timeless collage of impeccable quality and subtle sensitivity, for a community of refined minds.
AERON is currently available in over 100 stores worldwide.