Assistant Merchandiser - Menswear
The purpose of the Assistant Merchandiser is to provide extensive operational and strategic support to the Merchandiser and working alongside the buying team to ensure a balanced product range that will satisfy the customer, brand requirements and achieve the department strategy.
• Responsible for assisting the Merchandiser in the day to day running of the Merchandising department.
• Analysis of sales identifying best and worst sellers and taking appropriate actions working in collaboration with stakeholders to react to trade and maximise sales opportunity.
• Monitoring the department performance and supplier intake to identify opportunities or risk/loss.
• Participating in store floor walks and various internal meetings, based on this making decisions of store package.
• Supporting the Merchandiser and Buying team during seasonal planning and budgeting for achieving targeted sales and stock forecasts by channel.
• Setting up new and ad hoc reports as necessary and the ability to analyse them in light of trade.
• Executing markdown strategy.
• Overseeing the allocation and management of stock movements within the business.
• Work closely with members of the Browns team (store operations, buying, ecommerce and marketing) regarding stock availability and movement.
• Accountable for the line management, development and progression of the MAA, coaching & inspiring them to achieve their best and deliver for the business needs.
Skills and Experience
• Eagerness to learn and develop a career within the Merchandising function at Browns.
• Analytical skills in order to execute analysis and reporting.
• Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to plan, and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
• High attention to detail to ensure accuracy in work.
• Maturity and confidence in approach, ability to work using own initiative.
• Strong analytical, numerical and Excel skills.
• Collaborative approach and ability to build relationships across various departments.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexible, hard-working, and good team attitude.
• Keen interest in luxury fashion retail and Browns.