Account Director / Business Development
We are a 501c3 public service organization working at the intersection of Climate & Culture; building community and growing global movements through education. Slow Factory has been operating education, design and community initiatives in the fashion sector since 2013 working with partners including global brands, nonprofits and academia.
How you will contribute
- Support the Executive team in driving the development, ideation and strategic thinking of world-changing programs for environmental and social solutions and creative concepts
- Identify strategic and creative opportunities and partnerships to advance our mission of social & environmental impact
- Source, develop, manage and maintain close and mutually beneficial relationships with brands, agencies, partners and collaborators
- Listen to and collaborate with creative vision of Exec team, ability to take complex information and translate into well-crafted decks
What we are looking for
- Proven ability building pitches, signing deals, managing partner relationships
- Strong communication skills and the ability to navigate conversations with large corporations and organizations Strong connections and network within brands at the decision-making level
- Credibility and positionality on pertinent conversations on racial, economic and societal inequalities Experience in the fashion industry specifically
- Well-versed and immersed in the sustainability world
- Hyper detail-oriented
- Takes initiative and values collaboration
- Not afraid to ask questions
- 5+ years experience in account management and/or business development in complex, fast-paced and diverse environment
- Strong experience in visual and verbal communication, proposal writing, design, and pitching
- A broad view approach to problem-solving
- Ambition to do things differently in a way that is meaningful and impactful for the brand
- Strong attention to detail and aesthetic taste
- Excellent communication skills to efficiently drive clarity and transparency
- Enthusiasm for our big and small size projects, reliability, flexibility, and analytical thinking
- High levels of energy, a can-do attitude and ability to work under pressure while delivering high-quality results
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines Innovator with great planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to put new tools and concepts into practice in a diverse, living and ever-growing organization
- Strong understanding of the nuances, cultural history and positions of the complex social, racial and socio-economic realities in the US and abroad
Why work with us
Our purpose-driven initiatives drive our social and environmental mission at a global scale, enabled by a range of partnerships. These projects focus on specific issues and industries, galvanizing action in the industry and creating opportunities for corporations to develop deeper transparency and innovation strategies, leading to increased brand awareness and loyalty in the social impact space.
Using a holistic, human-centered approach, we bridge science, human rights, technology, fashion & culture to develop products, resources and certifications for industry and consumers alike.
Our team of experts come from varied and creative backgrounds including journalism, trend forecasting, design, technology, and more. As a team, we value collaboration, an open-mind, respectfulness, compassion, and communication.