Head of Product
What we are offering
Axel Arigato is offering a full-time position as the Head of Product at our HQ in Gothenburg. We are searching for the right individual that can ensure a consistently high growth across all current and upcoming product categories. The Head of Product will be a part of our extended management team and will be responsible for the gross margin, lead time, quality, sustainability as well as leading the production team including product managers, products developers, quality controllers and sustainability. Currently, this is a team of eight people but will expand further. This role will report to the COO.
- Oversee the whole production including RTW, shoes, accessories, objects etc.
- Full ownership over costings, delivery, margin, quality and product sourcing.
- Ensure production always exceeds quality expectations, is on time and on margin.
- Understand the trends in manufacturing and be proactive in planning for the same.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with new and existing factories and producers.
- Managing the planning and sourcing of raw materials, especially leather.
- Managing the costing process and analysis of margins per product category and decide on negotiation strategies going towards suppliers
- Managing delivery dates in collaboration with the production team and maintain close cooperation with the logistics department for product deliveries.
- Develop a CSR strategy and implement the same across the production chain.
- Evaluate each season and the performance of each supplier, make sure that they have followed the agreements.
- Work closely with Creative Director to understand trends and the needs for upcoming collections.
- Responsible for system development related to the production process.
- Own the product development calendar and ensure that all steps are delivered in time.
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who loves fashion. the product and leadership. You have a background within fashion, preferably from high-end fashion brands. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and realize the importance of continuous improvements in both big and small matters. You highly value quality and lead by example to motivate your team members.
In this process, the individual’s motivation and an adaptive mindset is key. You manage ambiguity, lead with passion and integrity and the fashion industry is where you thrive.
- Experience of leading a production team
- Experience in production of leather goods, preferably shoes.
- Well organized with a strong business mindset.
- Experience from process- and system development
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written.
Please apply by providing a brief motivation letter and CV as soon as possible. We will hire as soon as we find the right person.
Salary: According to agreement
Start date: According to agreement
Location: Gothenburg HQ
Born in 2014 by Creative Director, Max Svärdh and CEO, Albin Johansson, Axel Arigato is a Sweden based contemporary brand that started from an Instagram page and an idea to break into the footwear market.
With deep roots in music, art, architecture and what is contemporary, Axel Arigato has defined itself by offering more than a product. It has been created to leave an experience at the front of mind, whether it’s via stores, online or through events.
Axel Arigato currently has 6 stores, including London, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Gothenburg with more pending. Expanding from 2 people to now hiring over 65 members of staff in 4 years, Axel Arigato also operates a subsidiary office in London.